“excellent oysters and seafood”

Goode Company Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Goode Company Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 8,400 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This original Goode Company Seafood is an experience like few others. From the chrome bar stools to the original Wurlitzer, this railcar dining experience is truly a one of a kind.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The restaurant offers a relaxed atmosphere and could offer us a table without reservation. There is also bar tables for a small bite. Goode offers fines wines along with the delicious food. the chefs were flexible for special requests.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had the catfish, which was really good. The inside was nicely decorated and a little cramped. The service was very slow.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I found this restaurant on Tripadvisor...actually it was my third seafood choice as the others were not open on Monday nights. With this in mind, the staff and food was wonderful. Large fresh rawTexas oysters were delicious. Also, the Shrimp tamales were awesome.

Don't forget the deserts...killer chocolate cake and red velvet cake.

I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I love this place!! I am the concierge at a nearby hotel and I refer tons of business over their way. My guests always come back raving about the place. The campechana is amazing and I always look forward to it! Mark, Robert & Janice do a great job! They take great care of my guests and I appreciate their hospitality. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Goode Company Seafood has always been a favorite. They make an excellent mesquite grilled catfish. The atmosphere is interesting since half the restaurant is in an old dining car. It can get very crowded.

We prefer the location on I-10 near Gessner. It is larger, more elegant and offers different menu selections such as their Campenchana which is a wonderful ceviche-like appetizer. Don't miss the Fried Green Tomatoes either!