“"Goode" BBQ!”

Goode Company Barbeque
Ranked #424 of 8,150 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Goode Company BBQ has served countless plates of savory, mesquite-smoked barbecue to Houstonians for more than 34 years (and counting). We take pride in what we do, make everything from scratch, and stay true to the Goode family’s recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. From our beef brisket or spicy pork— to our homemade jalapeño cheese bread, we serve BBQ the “goode way.”We also carry a variety of items in our online store, such as smoked turkey, turkey and pecan pie gift sets, sausage, brisket, BBQ gift baskets and Texas gift baskets.
Round Rock, Texas
“"Goode" BBQ!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Being from Texas, you get a lot of bad BBQ. This place was pleasantly surprising for BBQ! The sides were AWESOME! Their jalapeno cheddar bread was TO DIE FOR! The beans and coleslaw were very good as well. The meat was average - brisket was a little dry for my taste. Sausage was decent, and turkey was very moist - I would have liked a little more flavor in the meats. Overall - it's not my first choice, but for a company lunch/dinner - it's good.

Loveland, Colorado
“Good, but not as famous as I thought!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My friend took me here while visiting Houston area. It really tastes no different than any other BBQ joint I've visited. Don't get me wrong, it tasted great, just not amazing like I was expecting to find in TX!

Benson, North Carolina
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

The aroma is what gets you in the door and the food keeps you coming back. I ordered a 2 meat combo (ribs and brisket) with 2 sides for lunch. Service was extremely fast and the food was great.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Meh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Not great dried up food with no real atmosphere , better places than this locally, could be good but isn't quite there yet

• Visited August 2013
goodecobbq, Owner at Goode Company Barbeque, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to send in your feedback on your recent visit to Goode Company BBQ. We value the opinions of our visitors and are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your visit to Goode Company. We take great pride in the quality and tastiness of our food and wouldn't want to deliver anything but the best and can assure you over-cooked food is not up the Goode Company standard. Thanks again for sending in your feedback; hearing from customers like you is invaluable.
Cleveland, Ohio
“It's all Good at Goode's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I enjoyed this authentic Texas BBQ the other day and everyone came away full and pleased. The atmosphere is pretty cool inside and if the weather is right, you can eat outside. I liked the cafeteria style like where you can order meat by the pound if you want or have it all prepared into a dinner. The BBQ was spot on and good from start to finish. If you have any room left in you have a piece of their pecan pie it is some of the best I have eaten. You are looking at about $13.00/meal plus extras if you want.

• Visited August 2013