“Texas BBQ”

Ranked #425 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Goode Company BBQ has served countless plates of savory, mesquite-smoked barbecue to Houstonians for more than 34 years (and counting). We take pride in what we do, make everything from scratch, and stay true to the Goode family’s recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. From our beef brisket or spicy pork— to our homemade jalapeño cheese bread, we serve BBQ the “goode way.”We also carry a variety of items in our online store, such as smoked turkey, turkey and pecan pie gift sets, sausage, brisket, BBQ gift baskets and Texas gift baskets.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The food was very good, but not for the price. Atmosphere was typical. Staff was friendly. Meal for one was $19. TOO MUCH for a BBQ plate.

1  Thank Keith B
There are newer reviews for Goode Company Barbeque

Reviewed May 12, 2013

"Where is a good place for BBQ", I asked the hotel front desk staff. Man, am I glad they suggested this place. You go up to the counter, tell them what you want (there is a board with all the choices available), pay at the cash and take it to where you want to sit. Cafeteria style, simple and straight forward. Once you sit down and dig in, you realize that there is some serious flavour in this food. I had the brisket, chicken and pork. The sauce went nicely with all the meats (it is poured over the top) and even the potatoe salad and rice was great (the sides that I picked). A Texas beer or two and you have a well balanced meal :) The decor is interesting as well as the place has old saddles on racks on the walls as well as a nice collection of old Winchester, lever-action rifles. You can't miss the stuffed American Buffalo in the middle of the restaurant (interestingly, also wearing a saddle) and the whole place has the feel of an old ranch. Give it a try when in town and make sure to pick up a miniature branding iron with your initial for branding your steaks at home (seriously, kind of cool).

1  Thank ShareTheWorld
Reviewed May 7, 2013

At the 290 Location, waited in line only to have the large hispanic man roll his eyes at me when I asked what was on a Combo Hoagie. It was so noisy I could not hear the man behind the counter talking to us. The food was terrible. Hardly tasted like BBQ at all. Just a little smokie. I got brisket and sausage. High prices for absolutely self service. Bathrooms were dirty and feel like dirty feet. I Complaint to management about the bathrooms and he commented that "We tried". Yucky place to look so nice from the outside. DO NOT order anything that is not pre-Cooked you could have eaten your whole meal plus before you ever get it. Noisey 290 traffic can be heard inside.

1  Thank NWHoustonMom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I went to the one on I-10 near Bingle. You could taste the spaghetti sauce base in the BBQ sauce. No lunch menu, so you pay full dinner price all day.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Checked out the online reviews on best BBQ places and this one appeared in a number of recommendations. The set-up is canteen style, with a large selection of beers all on ice by the front door (a good start!). Then you simply decide which cuts you want, side orders etc, pay and then grab a free seat.

Would definitely recommend the brisket which had the trademark smoke ring. The ribs were good but possibly not the best ever. Jalapeno bread was good, as were the side dishes on offer.

Didn't have a dessert, but the keylime pie looked epic.

1  Thank Mr A