“Amazing Selection of food---I'd never seen anything like it!”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #2,944 of 8,181 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Damascus, Oregon
“Amazing Selection of food---I'd never seen anything like it!”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We live in the pacific nw, and buffet type restaurants don't last very long up here. On a recent trip to Houston, my teenage son begged to try Golden Corral because we'd seen commercials on it. The food selection was overwhelming to us---just-grilled steak, fried chicken, roast chicken, barbeque, pizza, mac and cheese---we tried tons of things we'd never had before! Fried Okra, peas and cheese salad, there were so many things I don't even remember them all! Hot vegetables, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, onion rings, cold vegetables, several different types of salads and desserts---we had a lot of fun experiementing! The steak was very good, I liked the okra, some things like the peas and cheese salad I went, "Ew!" because I wasn't expecting the taste of peas and sweet pickle juice.......others, like the cantaloupe, just weren't as flavorfull and sweet as they were "back home" (but the season for them is past, too, so.......) We spent $40.00 for 3 adults, which included tax and sodas. But we thoroughly enjoyed the "experience"!

• Visited October 2011

kirby,tx
“Our favorite family spot in south houston,we never miss it when we visit.”
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Great place if you have alot of picky eaters and are on a budget,everyone can find something they like here!When it's crowded on the weekends you have to be patient with the waitstaff,but other than that, they always have fresh food on the buffet.