“Tons of meat with a nice taste”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 8,399 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Located on westheimer road the place is easy to find, as we walked in you can tell you are in for a feast that will last a long time in your memory.

The salad bar has an excellent variety and it's fresh. If you are going for the meat then I advise not to go crazy on the salad bar.

The bread is a bomb with melted cheese inside, again don't go crazy on the bread, you got to leave ample space for the main dish (meat)

The concept is simple as long as you keep the round piece of paper flipped to the green side they will continue to serve meat on your plate, the moment you flip it on the red side they will not come to you.

The meat has a variety of beef,lamp,pork and chicken. All meats are well seasoned, cooked to perfection.

One small tip, they will give a small prong to assess when cutting the meat, use it or the guy will get pissed off at you.

It was a nice meal that will leave you full for long time.

For sure I will come back again the next time I come buy houston.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Authentic brazilian atmosphere and food. The variety and quality of the salad bar is outstanding and the meat cuts are savory and well cooked. It all comes at a price of course, it will cost you a small fortune for a party of 5.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Brazilian meat dishes -- all you can eat. I had only the salad bar because I did not want to stuff myself. Bread was great along with corn breadsticks and plaintains. Service was excellent. My friend said the meat dishes were superb. Expensive but lunch was more reasonable than dinner. Located on Westheimer. Obviously popular for business meals.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The best thing I have to say about this restaurant is the atmosphere. You can't help but feel good with both the layout of the restaurant, the decor, and the wait staff dressed in traditional attire. It is an "all you can eat" style restaurant and very pricey. A lunch for two, without alcohol, runs around $60.00 not including tip, expect to pay more at night as lunch is halfprice. For me this was not a good deal as I am not a big eater. My husband just wanted me to experience it at least once. I did enjoy myself but due to the fact that I do not eat big meals it was a very expensive venture for me to eat there.

This is a meat lovers paradise! They serve beef, lamb, chicken, and pork. The salad bar is alright but not great. However, I don't believe, that the salad bar is their main focus of business, for a great salad bar you would need to go to Sweet Tomatoes as it is theirs.

The way they serve the meat is by coming round to your table with the meat on a skewer and slicing off whatever you want. You don't really have a set wait person, anyone can serve you, they are very attentive. You are given a coaster that is green on one side and red on the other. You turn the green side up when you would like more meat and the red side when you are not ready for any more. It is actually kind of fun and a bit different so this to adds to the atmosphere.

I would recommend anyone to try this place at least once even if you don't eat a lot just for the experience.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

On our recent visit to Houston, Texas, we were taken to this restaurant for lunch and loved it! We have never eaten at one of these restaurants before so we weren't really knowledgeable of what to expect. We were greeted enthusiastically and taken to our table. The facility was beautiful. The big salad bar was fabulous but we chose to eat too much not knowing what to expect later. The waiters helped us through the process and were amazed at what was to come. The choice of the different meat selections were amazing and it was absolutely delicious. Because we had filled up on the great salad bar, we didn't get to taste everything that we wanted in the meat selection. The next time we visit this restaurant we will know to save room for the wide selection of delicious meats that are brought around to your table in such a unique way. Our experience at this restaurant was exceptional. Since we live in Illinois, we are looking forward to eating at the one that is in Chicago the next time we visit..