“Awesome Dinner”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Tremendous meal, food kept coming and coming...Service was execellent wine list was even better. Overall, highly recommend to anyone who has a hardy appetite.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We just visited this restaurant for the first time this weekend and it was fantastic! I have to say I was hesitant because I am a very picky eater and hardly like steak, but it was gret because you can tell them how you like your meat cooked and they cut you off exactly what you want. They have a fantastic salad bar with many different things. It is kind of expensive but once you realize how much your getting it is worth it. I would reccomend to anyone aven if you try it once.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was my second trip to a Fogo De Chao. Don't get me wrong, lot's of meat and plenty of selections. They keep it coming. Salad bar is nice. Overall, very pricey. My meal was $79.00, and I had one glass of wine. I guess it's more of an experience than anything else. If you haven't done it, go, especially if you want meat. For me, and for the cost, I would prefer a nice steak house.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place was great. I went with a former colleague and fitted the bill perfectly for a couple of guys looking to have some good quality wine and meat. The fillet mignon was superb and the buffet style accompaniments were of similar high quality. Service was also very attentive.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Perfect for people who like red meat. Since I knew in advance that I had a reservation here, I made sure to have a lite lunch. In fact, I knew a week in advance that I was coming here so I tried my best not to have red meat during the week too! This is my first time here. Decided to bring my girlfriend for her birthday. Made reservations online at OpenTable.com. Place was easy to find, can't miss it. They offered complimentary valet. We were seated right away. Hostess and waiter asked if this was our first time at Fogo and they explained how it worked. Each patron had a coaster sized disc which is red on one side and green on the other. When you are ready, flip it to green and the servers will come to you with a selection of steaks, lamb chops, sausages, and chicken. They will slice a small portion of whatever you like for you. Flip your disc to red and enjoy your feast. When you are done or if you are still hungry, flip the disc back to green and more food will be brought to your table. Pretty neat concept! They also have a wonderful salad bar. It was very well maintained and well stocked with fresh veggies and everything else. Very generous to also offer decent quality smoked salmon and prosciutto. I must say this was one of the best salad bars that I have been to. Back to the meat, everything was cooked perfectly. I prefer my meats cooked to medium rare and that is what I got each time. The sausage and mini chicken legs were my favorite. The lamb chops were also very good. The atmosphere was very mixed for a Friday night. There were plenty of well dressed people but also plenty of people dressed like they were at a local McDonalds. Wished they had a dress code. There were also a lot of families celebrating birthdays and special events. Lots of couples. Tables full of friends and girls night out. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the food and having a great time. It was very vibrant with lots of laughter. The service was above average. All of our needs were anticipated and met, sometimes without us asking. All in all it was a very fun and enjoyable evening. I had one glass of wine. The bill came to $126, add on tips, I paid $150. $75 per person at a place like this is expected. We skipped the dessert and coffee so add on another $30 or so if we had stayed and ordered those items. I would definitely come back here again for special occasions or when friends are visiting from out of town. To me, this is a better option than a traditional sit-down steakhouse.