“Do you like cake? This is the place.”

Dessert Gallery Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #7 of 94 Bakeries in Houston
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed July 18, 2014

They have the most delicious cakes around. They are 3 layers and have a quarter inch frosting between the layers. If you are one of those people who say, oh, that's too much frosting or that's too sweet, well - why did you come in a dessert place?

If you like rich, sweet, delicious cake - then you will love this place. The have a giant selection, too. There cakes are fresh, not served cold. My favorite is the diner cake, a yellow cake with rich chocolate buttercream frosting. Their frosting is unbelievable. Other favorites of mine are toffeelicious, vanilla, lemon, strawberry, and the chocolate with chocolate buttercream frosting called Mom's chocolate cake.

They also have little apparatuses where you have a small fire, like a fondue candle, and make your own Smores.

You will love this place. And, by the way, the slices are about 5 inches tall and I have to split one whenever I come. They always give you 2 forks. They also have a bunch of board games you can stick around and play.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

There is not a thing I would not eat. :) The French Vanilla layer cake...OH MY G>>>>! Everything you could possible want and more, plus they stay open late.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We were very good, loyal customers of the Dessert Gallery. We purchased from them often. We bought a $45 cake which made everyone who ate it ill. I called to inform them. They did not care. No offer to replace the cake or give us a refund. They just don't care about their customers.

1  Thank cardfan1976
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have visited this café many times and am never disappointed. Good sandwiches and outstanding desserts. The walnut fudge brownies are enjoyed by all whom I've gifted with them. The diner's cake is unusually good for a yellow cake with chocolate icing. I love all the chocolate items. Cakes, cookies, brownies. Never disappointed.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have had the Diner cake, German chocolate cake and Mom's chocolate cake. I have got to have my chocolate! And the walnut fudge brownies are the best. I gift my doctors with them quite often., too.