“Great selection!”

Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Lufkin, Texas, United States
“Great selection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is so yummy! My husband always gets the Toffeelicious, but I switch it up between vanilla, strawberry and lemon. They are all delicious! Plus, they have cupcakes, brownies, and cookies. The options are endless!

• Visited April 2013

Houston, Texas
“Great Seating but food just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was disappointed with the choices and the cake I tried was a not as fresh as I would have wanted. The coffee was very good. To compete with other similar places like the Chocolate Bar this place has a long way to go.

Visited March 2013
Greenville SC
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Quite possibly the best piece of Italian cream cake I have ever had (just don’t let me grandmother read that). There was a great selection of chocolate, dark chocolate, coconut, Italian cream, etc etc. Everything was great. If you are looking for a quiet little stop in for a piece of cake, coffee, and conversation this is it.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank asilee
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Desserts to die for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

This place makes the best desserts you will ever find anywhere. I pre-ordered with them [they have a website] and they either have the item delivered locally or you can pick it up at a couple of their locations. 7600 Kirby is the store we picked up at. I ordered the Lemon Vacheran [sp?] which is a pie like concoction with a merague crust and it is simply scrumptous. Then, just in case the fight for that became too intense, I ordered a Pumpkin Cheese cake, which was light and not heavily filling like some are. These two desserts made every meal a treat. I cannot say enough about the quality of their products. And they are very accomodating too. Once I had to cancel an order due to a change in plans at the last minute and they did so with no complaint or penalty. If you are ever going to Houston and have the opportunity to try them out, I strongly recommend that you do, but make sure your waistline can stand the impact. Just great desserts.

Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
“Not the best bakery I have been to”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

This place is highly rated by tripadvisor, so I thought we must try this. We had the German chocolate cake and the macaroon. Overall, my husband and I did not think this was an outstanding bakery. The chocolate cake was a v big slice, but in our mind, quality was more important than quantity. It was an ok piece of cake- not spectacular and this made me wonder why other loved this place so much. The macaroon was pretty good but it still fell short after my experience at cafe nouveau in Seattle. Where is the best bakery in Houston?