“Friendly Atmosphere & Delicious Food That's Out of the Ordinary”

Kasra Persian Grill
Ranked #243 of 8,311 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Westchase
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I recently dined at Kasra for lunch with coworkers; the owner is very friendly and welcomed us warmly. We started with the complimentary herb plate which comes with fresh-picked greens (parsley, mint, basil, green onion), radishes, and feta. The hummus is amazing, at first glance I was worried as I'm used to a much thicker hummus and Kasra's is quite thin but very creamy and such a wonderful taste of garlic and lemon! The taftoon flatbread is also quite delicious and perfect for dipping in the hummus. I ordered the Chicken Barg (grilled kebab chicken) which comes with two roasted tomatoes and the Sour Cherry Basmati rice (sour cranberries, almonds, and pistachios - very tastey). The portions are very large and I always have enough left over for a full dinner the next evening. If you want to try something out of the ordinary this is a wonderful place to start, and it will soon be a regular on your list of dining out options. Lunch special offered daily.

There are newer reviews for Kasra Persian Grill

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went to this restaurant for lunch with a Persian friend and it was great. Everything they serve is some form of a kabob. I had the Chicken Barg which was very good. It was served with a heaping plate of Basmati rice. We also got an order of Hummus, of which I am normally not a fan of, but I loved this stuff! I couldn't get enough of it. It has garlice, lemon, and sesame seed in it. The portions are gigantic so be sure and bring an appetite.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a nice and simple place. It is always busy with a nice scenery. Interesting enough you see a large middle eastern crowd with a lot of tables with women only. It has a very nice relaxed atmosphere and it seems authentic. The food is no-nonsense. It not heavy at all and very tasty. It tastes like made from scratch to order. It is very reasonable. I went a few times and it does not give you a lot of variety in flavors - but I guess that makes it authentic as well. Worth a couple of visits to try the most popular items on the menu. Good lunch place as well. The owner seems to be present at all times and welcomes everybody walking in.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to this Restaurant for more than 24 years.
Kebob dishes are great along with the green vegetables & fresh baked bread.
Eggplant stew and lamb shank are very good.
Have had couple of bad service but never bad food.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We visit this restaurant on Westheimer at least once a month. The flavor of Persian cuisine suits our palette perfectly.
We order hummus to go with the hot bread that is brought to the table as soon as we have been seated. We have to watch ourselves that we do not fill ourselves up with the delicious bread and the best hummus in town.
Our favorite meal consists of chicken Soltani served with dill rice. We also like the lentil soup to go with our meal. Other dishes that we have tried and liked are Lamb shank and Khorake Bademjan.
We typically end our visit with a cup of hot Persian tea served in clear mug.
We find the owner and the staff very friendly and attentive. The wait for seating is never more than 20 minutes.
When we leave the restaurant we always have a very satisfied feeling in our stomach and look forward to returning next time.
For us, this restaurant serves the best meal in town!