“Finally...a Great Deli in Houston”

Kenny & Ziggy's New York Deli
Ranked #14 of 8,399 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Well,.actually, this restaurant has been here for awhile, but the food is outstanding if you are from NY and miss deli food...real deli food. Although I have tried other things on the menu, I come back to my stand by of brisket of beef sandwich . My companion had the Greek Omelet and said it was really good. The service is good, although a bit "new yorkish". You have to come early or be willing to wait as this is a very busy restaurant. And, if you have room after your meal, try on the Footlong Éclair! The pricing is a bit high for sandwiches..like the Carnegie Deli in NY the sandwiches are Huge.

1  Thank Siciliangal

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The menu is extensive. We got potatoe latke and a corn beef sandwich. The latkes were perfectly made. The corn beef had no fat at all and tasted delicious. The price tag was $ 28.00. It's good but I could not afford it routinely.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Was in on Saturday with my daughters. We had heard so much about Kenny and Ziggy's on TV and then there were the reviews here, that we could not wait to try it. I love Ruebens. It was the most tasteless Rueben I have ever had. I had to request the pickles that they put on the table when you get there. Now I know why no one at the other tables were eating them. They tasted like they were soaked in just a very light salt water, no vinegar. My eldest daughter got the chicken pot pie. Looked great, but she ate about 3 bite fulls and ate no more. My youngest daughter got a salad. She said that it was OK, but nothing special. My grandson's (5 and 7) got chicken strips and fries. They were the only ones that ate their food. But I could have gotten them Whataburger and they would have eaten it. On an up side, the waitress was excellent. I felt so sorry for her that I left her a 20.00 tip. I gave it a poor instead of terrible because she was a great waitress and the Bud Light I had was good and cold. Will not go back and will warn others away. Over priced, mediocre food.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Ive been to NYC several times. This deli has me thinking Ive returned as I walk in !!The decor, noise- luv it!! Even though it was breakfast time- my hubby ordered the rueben sandwich (huge & he loved it!). I had the deli eggs benedict- corned beef instead of can din bacon was the twist here- tasty!! My fav, however, was the pastrami bacon- thick slices of pastrami grid like bacon- YUM YUM!!! My daughter was not adventurous and ordered the French toast- she loved it!! I'll go back!!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Best NY Deli with monstrous portions. The fried onion rings are exquisite, the best I've ever eaten.