“Outstanding”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Disclaimer: I'm a Scot from Minnesota. That being said, I do get to many delis across the country (including NY) and this one doesn't take a back seat to any of them. An incredibly extensive menu and take out cases to boot. The food was terrific and the portions were outlandishly huge, you may consider splitting. The wait staff is first rate (we were fortunate to get Jeff). He was thoroughly familiar with the menu and anticipated our every need. This was a great find within 2 blocks of our hotel (Hotel Indigo). Many of the best delis located outside of NY seem to share a common location: strip malls. Don't let this put you off.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

There are not a lot of traditional deli's in Texas - being a Yankee, this was a little taste of northern Americana unexpected in Houston.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is as good as deli's get in Houston Texas. Great food and plenty of it. Service makes you think your in New York, if you get what I mean. The menu is much closer to LA deli's than NT.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Used to visit Kenny & Ziggy's regularly when we lived in Houston. Always thought it was great back then so we thought we'd check it out again. Believe it or not, its even better now. Don't know if its all the Food Network coverage or what but they've taken "great" to an even higher level.

Everything we had was SO good, we went back the next day for an encore preformance. We had corned beef, pastrami, mish mash (matzo ball) soup, kreplach, meatballs, knish and on and on. The corned beef was absolutely delicious. Then I tasted the pastrami. OMG!! Take the corned beef back and bring me more pastrami. Unbelievable!!

Desserts? By the time we finished the entrees, dessert was virtually impossible. It certainly looked great but looking at it was all we could do!

The service was very helpful, very professional and always there when you needed someithing or had a question.

I am so happy to report that after 12 years, they got it right then and are still getting it right everyday. What a great place!

Sorry NY, their matzo ball soup is the best I have ever had!!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great friendly, attentive staff. I was greeted promptly at the door by the manager and sat. My waiter was quick to greet me and take my drink order, a small selection of NY microbrews caught my eye. Fresh, house made pickles were dropped off and I ordered the open face rueben sandwich. The sandwich arrived and was a mountain of corned beef smothered in swiss cheese, the corned beef, sauekraut and dressing were tasty but the grilled rye bread quickly became soggy under the steamy pile of corned beef and cheese.