“A Household Name for Us”

Korea Garden Restaurant
Ranked #778 of 8,311 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been eating at Korea Garden for at least 15 years. Warm and friendly owners, good food-although sometimes it is a bit too salty. My children grew up liking the BBQ bulgogi etc....but have learned to love the pancakes, roasted baby goat, bi bim bop and more.

There are newer reviews for Korea Garden Restaurant

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My colleague and I were looking for a nice Korean restaurant in Houston. He is based in korea and had been traveling for over 6 weeks - and just missed korean food. I asked around and Korea Garden seemed to be the most recommended.

Walked in and immediately felt welcomed. There was a very diverse clientele - with the majority being Korean. Everything on the menu looked delicious- but my colleague did the ordering....and EVERYTHING was excellent...and the service was brilliant. We are definitely going back when we are back in Houston. Very low key place - highly recommended for the night out with a group of friends!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Service was excellent but food was not as good as the standard I'm used to compared to say Korean Village Restaurant in Calgary. Meat portion very small and the stir fry clear noodle not tasty at all.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was here with a friend on business. He is Korean, and I wanted to take him out to as good a Korean restaurant as I could find in Houston, as it had been many years since he was last in Korea. It was to be a surprise, and I wanted something traditional. After researching restaurants on the web, I chose Korea Garden. It could not have been a better choice! My friend did the ordering in Korean, and we had all manner of things arrive at our table that we cooked on the brazier. It was all delicious! The atmosphere was charming, and there was a large Korean clientele eating there. Initially I was a little pessimistic as we drove to the restaurant - it sorts of sits in what looks like a low-class strip mall that has seen better days. The parking was sort of random. But once inside, the place really is a garden of delights. I will definitely come back again!

One note: our meal was expensive at the end of the day, and neither of us drank any alcohol, but it was well worth it and we did eat some of the best stuff on the menu.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The food was Excellent. I am not keen on every type of Korean food but the ones I liked were very tasty in an interesting way. My family liked more and different ones. This restaurant is much better than other Korean restaurants we have tried. The environment was picturesque and the waiters very friendly.