“Pretty nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Cocoa, Florida
“Pretty nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went to see a show and had dinner here beforehand. I wouldn't say the food was extraordinary-it wasn't bad by any means, but it had a nice atmosphere and we had fun.

• Visited December 2012

“Authentic Italian Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I took my parents to this restaurant after buying a Groupon here. The restaurant is tucked into a strip center, which I've learned in Houston is where you can find some of the best "hidden treasure" restaurants. The atmosphere is nothing fancy, but it does seem very authentic italian. While we were there, they were having karaoke which seemed odd for the type of place but there was a family of about 6 that was doing all the karaoke, I am sure they were regulars. It was a nice evening seeing them have so much fun and providing entertainment.

We ordered the house salad, minestrone soup and a pizza with half Supreme, half Mona Lisa (and added chicken). First, you get a bread basket with breadsticks and other types of bread that is just dripping in buttery/greasy goodness. I could only have a couple pieces before I could tell a stomachache would come on. The house salad was good, but drenched in salad dressing that had a very peppery taste, I don't think I would order this again. I didn't try the minestrone soup as my stepdad was sick, but he said it tasted very good, and it was a HUGE portion. It could have been a meal in itself. It also took quite a bit for them to bring it out, so it was as if they just made it fresh (as opposed to spooning it out of a large pot), which was impressive! The pizza was good, however with typical European/Italian pizzas, there was barely any sauce. My mom wasn't very thrilled with this but it was good nonetheless.

All in all, I would come here again - but I would probably get something other than pasta. We were looking for something light, but next time I would try one of their house specials instead. I definitely recommend giving this place a chance!

• Visited January 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“Avoid if possible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

The service was absolutely terrible and the food was almost as bad. As soon as were seated (5:45 reservations) the wait person told us that "you had better order NOW if you want to eat tonight"! We thought she was joking. I would never eat at this restaurant again!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Junction
“Good Some Times and Not so Good Other Times”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Management Really needs to wake up and get this place straightened out. I have been there 4 times and have had Great Service and Food and Bottom of the Barrel Service and Poor Food. There first time I went there was for dinner on a weekend. There were 8 or 9 other couples there eating and the food was great as well as the service. The next time I went we sat for 7 minutes before anyone came to the table and there were only 2 other couples there. All the staff were in the back chatting...we could see them. The pizza was ok but not great like would would think a $17 pizza would be. The next time I went was for lunch and service was fast and the food was good. I went again last night, 6-7-2012 and the staff was once again all in the back chatting. I finally got up to go get them and my Girl Friend asked me not too. We waited 10 min for someone to give us menus. We ordered their Chicken and Spinach pizza; what a mistake. It did have a good crust and a lot of cheese but there was only like 2 tablespoons of chicken on a 16" pizza. If this had been my first time to dine here I would never go back. I will most likely try them again for lunch but if it goes wrong them I will not be going back again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“You want this experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Great waiter! Wonderful spaghetti and meatballs and chicken lasagna! And, a great atmosphere. We were here to carb up for the Houston Marathon and I want to carb up here everyday now!