“Terrible.”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Clear Lake
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We used to go to the old location for buffet about 10 yrs ago when I was in college and we liked it. I went tonight for dinner with my husband, our 3 yr old daughter and our 7 month old baby. The new building is way too big and too bright for a dinner place. No carpet or nice flooring, so the ground has the look of a school dining hall. There is no ambiance. They sat us at a booth with the filthiest seats I have ever seen. There were so many nasty stains on the fabric I did not want my child to sit on it. I am pretty sure they removed the booths from the old location and installed them in the new place. Ok so our waitress was the same person that greeted us at the door and sat us. We ordered appetizers. The veggie pakora and samosas came but we didnt have enough plates and silverwear. Then our waitress failed to show up for 10 minutes while we were left with empty cups of water. We noticed a food runner take a cart with a lot of food to another table and he served them. The cart remained there for at least 5-7 minutes then he left and then came back to the cart and brought our food out of the cart. Since our food was sitting on the cart for so long most of our curries were cold and he laughingly put our food on the table. The food was clearly old. The chicken tikka from the masala was stale and dry because it was left over from the lunch buffet. They forgot our biryani rice and had to be reminded. We often eat indian and have eaten indian all over the world. We also cook indian. This food was of horrible quality and was definitely not fresh. Also we asked for chutni and onion slices. While these are normally free this placed charged us for them. Finally when our ordeal was over and we got the check, we noticed they had added 20% gratuity on the bill. We were two adults and one child! Really? After the horrible service and cold food, 20% tip automatically added? So we put in cash just enough to cover the food and tax. The waitress came back to say its not enough because we didnt put in the tip amount! I explained to her that since we had no service there will be no tip! She said wait to talk to manager. The manager never bothered to come to our table but since my kids were tired of waiting my husband went to him and he finally said its fine. Oh by the way the place was rather empty with only three other tables so service should not have been a problem. Anyway, Never Never going back. TERRIBLE!!!

2  Thank A335

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My second favorite restaurant in Clear Lake! Consistent and super delicious. naan is to die for! Never disappoints.

1  Thank Jennifer V
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This is my go to place when I am craving Indian food. The food is so good and fresh and the staff is very nice. Try this place. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank pashleyHouston_TX
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We love going to Moguls. Its our favorite Indian restaurant on this side of town. It is perfect for families, with lots of tables and room for the entire family. The staff is very nice and helpful. The food is consistantly very good and at a great price.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This restaurant offers a very good lunch buffet. The atmosphere is really nice and do are the staff.

1  Thank Trumpetgenius