“Busy & Noisy but good food and big portions”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Katy Fwy
Ranked #30 of 8,244 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Fishers, Indiana
“Busy & Noisy but good food and big portions”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Dined here on a busy Friday night and the place was packed. Had about a 30 minute wait so we went to the bar where my friend ordered one of their "Specialty" drinks ..... the bar area was swamped with several LARGE groups of very obnoxious women. The bartender took forever to get our drinks and she admitted that it was the first time she had made one of those drinks.

Got seated at our table and service was excellent considering how busy they were. Our server was always nearby and very attentive. Food was delivered in a very prompt manner and the food was great. Portions were very good sized and probably plenty to take some home.

Would return here when in the area.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Houston, TX
“Always a good choice”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Always a good choice, but not perfect.

Have eaten here many times over the years, but this was the first time we had been back in a while. Happy to say many thing have remained consistent.

Have always loved their gumbo, and tonight was no exception. Also ordered some calamari to split and while good, i didn't seem to be as good as in the past. Maybe it was the way it's now served in a paper cone affair sitting on a plate. Didn't do anything for me and makes it more difficult to enjoy. Maybe someone has over-thought the serving manner.

My wife also ordered the Costa Rican tilapia which she thought was very good.

Don't ordinarily order deserts, but the sample tray looked so good we made exceptions tonight - and very glad we did. Mu wife had the sweet potato pecan pie while I went with the praline cheesecake - both were outstanding.

The service was good. Our waited, Ray, was new, but he was attentive. Some of the course spacing was a little off, but he said they were backed up in the kitchen.

The only issue i have with this facility, is probably more of a personal issue although I know of other people who have the same experience, is that it's a large box atmosphere and when it's busy I'm unable to carry on a conversation with anyone because I find it impossible to hear what anyone is saying. I have combated this by sitting at the bar in the past, but we took a table last night and did the best I could with conversation. We wished we had chosen to be seated outside last night as the weather was just beautiful and this would have alleviated the entire issue.

• Visited October 2013
Cuero, Texas
“Great cajun seafood, service exceptional”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We are big fans of Pappadeaux, and there are several restaurants in Houston. This was our first time at the I-10 location. The blackened catfish and the lobster salad, our usual, was just as good as any of the other restaurants, which means world class quality. Our server was Scott Newmeyer, and he provided world class service, as well. We always split our meals, and there is so much food, we still need a to-go bag to take the rest of it home, where it is just as good warmed the next day.

• Visited March 2013
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Great seafood, good value”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My last trip to Houston on a business trip, what do you eat if you are there for two weeks? We'll there are plenty of steak and seafood restaurants to choose from. This one however not far from my hotel offers a good selection and shrimps to die for. I also recommend the king crab legs!

The portion sizes are big like most restaurants in the states, so I kept it light.

Would defiantly go back.

• Visited September 2013
Pearland, Texas
“Always Very Good”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have visited this location of Pappadeaux many times, usually for business with clients for lunch. They get pretty busy around 11:30am but never bog down under the pressure of a quick lunch rush. You are always greeted with a warm smile and attitude and the wait staff has always been very good and professional. I went for lunch yesterday with a client and we both ordered what we have the last 3 times we've been. I had the Mixed Grill and he had the Fried Oyster Plate. He said as he has in the past how great his meal was and mine, as usual, was fantastic. Thumbs up to this chain that doesn't feel like a chain.

• Visited September 2013