“Pappa does Paleo!!!!!”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #191 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Pappa does Paleo!!!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I ate here for lunch today with a gift card that I received last week secondary to a very poor experience at the Memorial (Katy Frwy) location.
The first thing I noticed at a fairly busy lunch hour was a woman, who I think was a Manager, up front greeting patrons and making sure we were seated promptly. The atmosphere at this location is awesome. Everyone smiling! Open concept and tables are close, but not crowded.
The next thing I noticed was that it was not going to be a struggle to try to find something on the menu that I could eat since I am on the Paleo eating plan.
There were actually many good choices and I was especially pleased to see side dishes like spaghetti squash and zucchini!!!! I ordered bacon wrapped shrimp and spaghetti squash. I'm sure that the squash had a bit of butter, but a much better choice than fries or rice! Great meal! The shrimp was a bit salty, but still a good choice!
The waitress, Josslyn, was excellent and did not bat an eye at any special requests.
I was also impressed to see that they offer Truvia! Again, not the best choice but much better than sugar, Splenda/Equal or that lovely carcinogen, Sweet N Low ( can't believe we even allow the production of that anymore ).
It's great to see a restaurant trying to provide healthier choices for those of us concerned with the crap that the food industry and the FDA are poisoning us with! Call me an extremist if you will- I see more and more people everyday with diseases we didn't know existed before the FDA began to allow chemicals and genetic modification of foods.
Congrats to Pappadeaux's for making an effort!!!!!!!

1 Thank Lmendeznp

Drayton Valley, AB Canada
“Food & Service both fantastic!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband & I ate at this restaurant 3 times on our way to and from Ecuador, and every time, it was a great experience. It is located on the second floor of the "E" terminal and there is an elevator right below it. The menu is extensive, with all kinds of wonderful seafood items, as well as steak, chicken, and an assortment of sandwiches and salads. Two times we had the lunch buffet, which as I recall had: green salad, pasta salad, shrimp etoufee, dirty rice, blacked tilapia, fried catfish, chicken "fingers", mixed veggies, peel and eat shrimp, and shrimp gumbo. (There was probably more, but that's all I can remember). The buffet is a good deal at $11.95. On another occasion, I ordered the Lobster/Shrimp salad and it was tasty as well. The service here is outstanding - our servers on two occasions anyway, were friendly, cheerful, engaging individuals who went way out of their way to make sure we had absolutely everything our heart's desired and then some. Let me add, that they made up for the horrid individuals we encountered going through security (TSA employees).
I would absolutely, positively recommend this restaurant if you're in the Houston airport - it is a nice relaxing, comfortable place to kill some time waiting for your next flight.

• Visited October 2012
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Same quality, all the time”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great consitent food, had oysters on half sheet and a couple of glasses of wine. The food is always consistent at Pappadeaux though a bit pricey.

Visited October 2012
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen is heaven's kitchen”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

When in Houston I always go to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. I just had another great dinner. The food is always fantastic. I always get the seafood Gumbo, bowl. YUM !!!
They have many varieties of fish dinners, and they are all great. I had the Alaskan Hallibut with crab meat and shrimp tonight.
The service is excellent. We were greeted by four very friendly hostess. We were seated promptly and then waited on quickly. No pressure to rush us, just good service. They are staffed for a full house, and this was only 6 PM.
The restaurant is decorated very nicely. They also play a nice mix of music.
Dining at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen is always a great experience.
No matter which restaurant you go to, they always do a great job. I need one in Langhorne, PA!!!

Dallas, Texas
“Food was less than mediocre.”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We ate here on July 13, 2012 in the evening. It was crowded, as expected. Finally got our table. The waitress brought bread and butter -- we had no silverware to use. She brought our dinner. Still not silverware. Had to watch our dinner get cold for 10 minutes before we finally got a fork! Wish we'd never gone -- the food was awful, even if it hadn't been cold, it would have been awful. A few hours after we left, my daughter came down with a bout of food poisoning. She had crab-stuffed shrimp. All together, not a good experience. We have eaten at a lot of Pappadeaux restaurants and always had a good meal. However, to spend $70 for two and then get sick has convinced me that I will never go to one of their restaurants again.

• Visited July 2012