“If I could give them a negative score I would”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #67 of 8,357 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014

What in the world?!!? Normally, I can expect great service at any Pappadeaux restaurant. I have never experienced service like this before, especially not at Pappadeaux! My family and I had just gone through a very rough day (funeral) and we decided to take a break and go to Pappadeaux for a nice meal. We had a party of 7. Silly me for not turning and running as soon as little miss attitude at the hostess stand said that they couldn't seat us for 45 minutes in a less than crowded venue. I politely asked how long parties of two or four had to wait and she said 10 to 15 minutes. This is a clear indication that she was completely incapable of station rotation that would free up two tables that could be pushed together to accommodate us. But as I said, we had just left a funeral, so I decided to just be patient. My patience ran out an hour and 15 minutes later. I asked for a manager, and low and behold...it is possible to get someone more unprofessional than the twit at the hostess stand. We see this little girl roaming around from table to table in the waiting area rolling her eyes and her neck wondering who in the world would DARE interrupt her busy day of standing around to ask for her input on an unacceptable situation. I guess I should be thankful, because she did get us a seat immediately. IN THE BACK OF THE RESTAURANT BY THE KITCHEN IN A SECTION THAT CLEARLY WAS NOT BEING UTILIZED OR STAFFED. That ripped it. I was not about to beg any establishment to take my money and I surely didn't want any food that would more than likely match the level of "service" that we had received thus far. Needless to say, we turned on our heels and left. We went across town to Saltgrass Steakhouse at 14909 I-45 North and received impeccable service and fabulous food. Trust me when I say, DON'T eat at this Pappadeaux. You'll regret it. If a REAL manager or director reads this post, you have staffing issues at this location.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The raw oysters are huge and tasty. Fairly new menu item cheesy grits and shrimp is excellent. Portions are huge and enough to take home.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I had the catfish and it was incredible. The staff was really great. I will definitely be coming back to this restaurant when I'm back in Houston.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I told myself after eating here for the second time this week that I would make sure I left a review on TripAdvisor.
I've eaten at other Pappadeauz before only here in Texas but this particular one is the best. I stopped by here Monday after an appointment at the VA hospital and I had the most delicious drink and meal I'd had in a long time. I ordered the Salmon on top of Ramen noodles. I was a bit skeptical about the meal, but I am so glad I ended up ordering it; it was so good. Then today my mom wanted to go back because she was craving their salad. I got a talapia dish with a side of their cheese grits with sausage, OMG!! Yes!! I live on the westside of Houston and there is a Pappadeux literally right down the street by Memorial City, but this one is just so good I drove the 25 minutes to eat there today.
Excellent customer service and my hats off to the ppl at the bar, the drinks are awesome.
Just felt a strong need to leave a review because I've had such a good experience here. Hopefully they keep it up.

1  Thank FreeSpirit86
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a great dinner at Pappadeaux. Thought we'd be at the tail end of dinner, arriving at 8:30pm on a Monday evening, but still had a 20 minute wait. Menu is full of options, regular seafood and southern seafood, e.g. crawfish. Our dinners included halibut w/ lobster and shrimp, and plank Atlanta salmon. Both excellent with great seasoning. Added a salad to both dinners and meal was more than enough to fill us up. Service was excellent.