“What happened???”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Have dined with Pappadeaux's in Austin, Dallas and Houston for quite some time. Always enjoyable until our first and last visit to the Richmond location. Terrible service, over spiced food, just a bad experience in general. May try the other locations we're familiar with again, but WON'T be back here.

1  Thank ACTCTS
There are newer reviews for Papadeaux Seafood restaurant

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We love eating at Pappadeaux and this was another awesome meal. Whenever we travel and there is a Pappadeaux in the city, we try and visit. This was such a great experience that we enjoyed two meals during the recent week in Houston. The food was outstanding as usual. I had a seafood platter and everything was delicious. My wife had a marvelous selection of fish and crawfish and it was just as tasty. The crawfish bisque is awesome and is the best ever! For dessert we shared a chocolate brownie cake with ice cream and it was simply delicious. Another observation - whenever we are at Pappadeaux, everyone in the restaurant is so happy and I think this is truly an enjoyable dining experience and customers love to enjoy the incredible food and service. Our server was great and was super attentive to every need and request. I highly recommend Pappadeaux wherever, but this was another great dining experience for us.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Went here for my family for my birthday. There were 13 of us and we had called for reservations. When we arrived our table wasn't quite ready, but there is a nice, shady patio area for waiting. There are some tables there, too where you can eat outside. My pregnant daughter came in and was overheated and the hostess quickly got her some cold water and a place to sit. Our table was ready quickly and Laurent was our server. I have not had excellent service in a restaurant in a long time and Lauren set the bar for other serves in that restaurant and everywhere else, as far as I'm concerned. We didn't have to ask for a single thing during our meal; she seemed to know what we needed. Our orders were taken quickly and the food came out in a timely manner. It was very good; Pappadeaux in Kemah was a great place, but Hurricane Ike wiped it out and it wasn't rebuilt. I was very glad to find this location and have such a good experience there.
All of our requests were handled quickly and the hostess checked on my daughter before we left. The atmosphere was friendly, although a little upscale, but very comfortable. The restaurant had nice decor and was extremely clean; restrooms, too. We had a great time, and I highly recommend this place. Ask for Lauren as your server!!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our waiter was the best, so polite and saying "y'all" :) It took me way too long to decide what to eat since there were many gumbos, cajun blackened catfish and skewers of lobsters etc. All served with dirty rice. It's like red lobster but 10 times better. I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank missKaty80
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I love Pappdeaux. Great food but not always the cheapest.

Every time I visit Houston (Several times a year) I look one up and head that way. I went again this past week and was not disappointed.

Service is what you would expect for a above moderate priced establishment, food matches. I ordered half a dozen fresh oysters and fish. I was not disappointed with either. I was too full for desert but very happy I made the drive as always.

The lowdown
* Great food, excellent preparation
* Good service
* Fairly pricy if you are budget minded
* A must when I travel South
* Great for Business Meetings, romantic dates, anniversaries, or pretty much any special occasion.
* Probably not the best choice for couples with small children (I have two young girls and would not take them here). It is a quiet, relaxed environment and not the welcome chaos you search for with young children.