“Pleasantly surprised”

Papadeaux Seafood restaurant
Ranked #49 of 8,144 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Calgary, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been to Houston many times and have never gone to any of the Pappas chains. This trip, my colleagues insisted and I went along. This was a great experience that I wouldn't expect from a chain so to speak. The service was above average, our waiter was excellent. My food was also very good (my Beefsteak Salad was actually excellent) and the atmosphere was superb. I will be careful about stereotyping chains in the future based on my experience at this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank HK_Bun

• Polish first
Perth, Australia
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Visted on a saturday night with no booking. Wait was ok as they kept turning over tables. As we had all come interstate we took the recommended combination. Good choice.

Visited May 2013
Sealy, Texas
“Good food, good fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The good is really good, but I am surprised that a chain this large does not have any published nutritional information -- not even calories! I contacted the corporate office and was told they don't do that.

Visited February 2013
Hartford, Wisconsin
“Recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Lovely restaurant. Typical seafodd selections. Unique 70's disco music playing as background on the night we visited. Wait staff, Jarred, was fantastic. Would return again.

Visited April 2013
Houston
“Best house salad I've had anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I went there for lunch with a co-worker and wanted the salmon appetizer along with a house salad. The salmon was good. The salad was superb! There was a mixture of crispy cold iceburg lettuce along with spinach and tomatos. The croutons were the best and the blue cheese dressing rocked. I will go back for the salad!

• Visited April 2013