“love the oysters on the half shell”

Papadeaux Seafood restaurant
Ranked #54 of 8,448 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Whenever I am in Houston, I make my first stop at Pappadeaux's on Westheimer. They have great seafood at reasonable prices in a very pleasant setting. I usually am travelling alone so I sit at the bar and always start with a dozen fresh oysters. Always fresh, always plump salty and tasty. And they don't charge you and arm and a leg for them. Maybe it is a bit of a loss leader? The gumbo is also very good. I've never been disappointed in the entrees, which are served in generous portions so you may want to share. Service is friendly and knowledgeable. Highly reccommended.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I get sick every time we go here. I love seafood. I like cajun food. But Pappadeaux just hasn't gotten their timing down to where they can deliver hot food to every person at your table without at least one plate going bad.

1  Thank DJM1966
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten at a number of Pappadeaux's throughout Texas, i.e., Austin, Houston, and Dallas. Probably one of the best, if not the best, Louisania Cajun food in Texas and as good as many in New Orleans. Although the service varies by restaurant location, the quality, taste and preparation of the food is always consistent and outstanding. It's always a worthwhile treat even if you have to wait!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We came here while here on business which also happened to be my birthday. The food was great, and the service was even better. I'll be back!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Qonderful seafood and service. Decor is dark brick and white table cloths. Noise level is low and pleasant. Hostesses are very accommodating in table selection. Service is attentive and food is delicious. I had fried soft shell crabs which were as food as I have has anywhere. My wife and daughter had fried shrimp and loved it. And son-in-law had fried crawfish n étouffée combo. All delicious and maybe best of all there is plenty of parking and NO VALET. Kudos to the Pappas for another great restaurant.