“Top of the brisket heap”
Review of Pappas Bar-B-Q

Pappas Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1,028 of 8,552 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Pappas is very much cafeteria style dining, but once you've tucked into the heap of tender brisket, that doesn't matter at all. Sides are good, with a range of selections that all make sense in a BBQ context.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I visited for my second time, the food is good the quantities are small compared to other major BBQ places in Texas. I enjoyed it the food was good top quality. The service was good, the seating was plentiful and the place was very clean. I will definitely eat there again as it is next door to my current hotel.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Not until I moved from Houston did I realize how much I'd miss barbeque baked potatoes. On a business trip to IAH I had to get the bbq baked potato for old times' sake. This is some of the best food in the world!

1  Thank LiaAD
Reviewed October 30, 2013

walking around downtown houston, we saw this restaurant- walked inside to find a clean, well light, inviting atmosphere where people appeared as if they were enjoying their meals.
the food presentations- salads, etc were visually appealing, however medical conditions dictate simple foods which we were able to request and found enjoyable.
even if we couldn't eat the house specialties, it was a pleasure seeing the different dishes, with large portions, that people were enjoying,and watching their interactions while dining.
Hearty Appetite and enjoy your menu choice.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Visited this place by recommendation of a friend. It's the Best BBQ I have ever had in Houston. The taste is very close to the most authentic BBQ I have in remote villages of central Texas AND it's in the city! The price is very reasonable and the atmosphere is quite western.