“Very Nice, Pricey”

Pappas Bros. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pappas Bros. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8,348 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Chimney Rock & Fountain View
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was in Houston on business and some of my co-workers and I went here for dinner. I was a very impressive place, with exceptional service. Be aware, it is quite pricey. They have this very large seafood appetizer with crab claws, clams, shrimp, etc that was shared by the 4 of us, it cost almost $100! Good thing my boss was there to buy! In any case, the salmon was very good and prepared exactly the way I like it. I can't say anything negative, quite the place. One example of service, I asked where the restrooms were, they actually walked me to them VS just telling me where they were, that have never happened in any restaurant I have been in before!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Fantastic Steak, great service, relaxed atmosphere, what more do you want in a restaurant!?

The only downside is that it gets really busy, and even when you book a table, you normally have to wait beyond your allocated time.

1  Thank Jon W
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Everything about this place was great! Bar, dining, drinks, service, ambiance, and food. I totally recommend this place if you are a steak lover.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Pappas Bros never disappoints. I love the dark, clubby atmosphere. The bar area is roomy, and has a piano player and is a nice spot to wait for your table. The bar staff is great, especially Ed, who has been there many years. Our latest visit was with friends, and we were seated in the Wine Room, which was wonderful -- private and quiet. The service is superb. The steaks were delicious, as always, as well as the crabby macaroni and cheese and amazing lobster devilled eggs appetizer. I also loved my chocolate mousse/marshmallow s'more dessert.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hands down! Over the past few years Pappa's has provided the best steak dinner in Houston. No question it's a great steak, but I said dinner......meaning its complete from appetizer to dessert. You can't miss here. Appetizers are excellent complimented by warm fresh bread, great salad selections (Caesar may be best, but all good). The steaks, fish options, lobster, and featured items are well executed. Houston is full of wonderful steak restaurants (Taste of Texas to name one)
Steaks at Pappa's are cooked to perfection. The decor & ambiance inside is comfortable, calming, and inviting. Only complaint is noise. I could go on and on about the delicious desserts. My faves are the sticky pecan pie and key lime pie. Don't miss those. You will not be disappointed with any part of your meal. Houston's Best!!

3  Thank Steve S