“Very good, but not great”

Pappas Bros. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pappas Bros. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Chimney Rock & Fountain View
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The steak, the cheesecake & the potato's were SUPERB! Far better than most steakhouse restaurants. However the shrimp cocktail was just, bland; and the service was 'ok'. I watched as the Manager checked and chatted with guest's from each table; though when he came to us, he just looked the other way; and walked to the next. I was dissapointed; though it wouldn't be a reason for me not to return. Overall it was a very good meal; but with everything included; it wasnt great. -A noteable find however!

1  Thank Kelly D

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

The food is awsome. Yes it is very expensive !! But so worth it!!! The atmosphere is great also. This place is amazing!!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Fall in love with the food, or in my case with your future bride. My wife and I had our first date here, and we've loved it ever since. Yes, it is special to us, but that aside it is simply one of the best establishments in Houston.

Is it expensive? Absolutely. A nice meal for you and your beloved (appetizer, 2 entrees, sides, dessert) with a bottle of regular wine will run you at minimum $200. We only go on special occasions due to the price, and usually spend around $250.

But man is it worth it. Excellent service, delicious food, artful cocktails and a great atmosphere. You don't go here to just "eat dinner" (unless you're rich). You go here to celebrate. And we love celebrating at Pappas Steakhouse!

1  Thank acd87
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a very nice place for a intimate date or a group of friends. The appetizers were great, the steak was amazing, and dessert was simply delicious. A little pricey, but you pay for what you get, I will be back.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Hulihanmaegan has nothing but wonderful things to say about Houston's Pappas Bros, I love that it is not a chain and the atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable with wonderful service. The wine list is great! But honesty the steaks are out of this world, I'm very picky and it is refreshing when the hulihanmaegan couple can find a enjoyable custom piece of meat!