“Great pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Get the plain cheese. So simple and yet SO good. Just the right balance of sauce and cheese on a great crust. Their pepperoni is a bit greasy.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stopped by while in Houston for work, I had the caprese sandwich and a cannoli. I expected a deli sandwich, but they make it on the spot and it is more like a calzone. You get a lot of food for your buck. The cannoli was pretty good, creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside. The staff was super helpful and courteous. I would totally encourage everyone to check it out. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Ljd619
Reviewed October 14, 2011

These guys are the real deal! The food is great!!! The pizza is better than any in Houston. I feel at home here. Not on the menu, just ask for it! :-)

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I've been going to Romano's for a couple of years. Its really comfortable and fast. Call ahead and your order is ready when you get there ( in 5 minutes!) The pasta is terrific. I always get the meatballs and marinara and love it. The dinner comes with salad and bread-- a great value. The meatballs are wonderful and sauce tastes homemade. The best part about the place is employees. They are the real deal. Better than Jersey Shore.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

First off- I hate Hate HATE all of the negative reviews that #1 try to compare Romano's to other local places that serve different styles of pizza. Romano's is NY pizza and it makes absolutely no sense to compare apples to oranges and slam a NY style pizza place b/c you prefer a place that serves Cali or Chicago style pizza. #2 people who have never eaten NY style pizza in the NY metro (aka tri state area) or even Philly really shouldn't be reviwing Romano's. i.e. I find it really difficult for people to be in the know or be objective about this when they've never had the real thing prior to going to Romano's. I also see people complaining about prices, but if you have any frame of reference, you'd know their prices are on par with comparable establishments + it's not like you're buying cheap chain pizza! This is the real deal made with good stuff!

OK- *stepping down from my soap box* Romano's makes this JERSEY GIRL soooooooo HAPPY!!!!! :) I am willing to drive in from the burbs just to get their pies!!! The sauce and sauce to crust/topping ratio is just right, the crust is really good, they use the right cheeses and spices, and ultimately - IT TASTES LIKE HOME! And the owners really make it feel like home if you get a chance to talk to them. I still rank my top 3 NJ places above them, but that's what I grew up with. Still Romano's is on par with several highly regarded pizza places in my home town/area. We love the pizza, boli, and calzone + there are several other dishes that are on the menu that we've tried and loved <3 We go at least 4 or 5 times a year and will keep returning!!!

2  Thank HouCuseChickie