“One of my favorites”

Ranked #2,465 of 8,246 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Great burgers, fries and shakes. Amazing value. Sam's never lets me down!

My favorite is the BLT, side of onion rings and a banana nut shake.

“Another Houston landmark”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

You get a pretty decent burger (1/3 pound) at a great price. My only wish is that they'd char-grill their burgers instead of the flat-top. I always enjoy the fries, with the crown of two onion rings on top.

Why I really love this place? The Bluebell shakes. A large mint chocolate chip shake is just this side of heaven.

They've been in the current location since 2005 or 2006, moving across the highway from "Old Katy" road, where they'd been since dinosaurs walked the earth.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank HoustonMBA
Houston, Texas
“Best Hamburger and Onion Rings Ever”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

5 Guys and Smashburger need to go to Sam's and see how its done. Great burgers. Great rings. Great shakes. Great service.

Houston, Texas
“Great Classic Hamburgers & Blue Bell Ice Cream Shakes!”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I really love this place for great, old fashioned hamburgers. My favorite is the Guacamole Pepperjack and I add diced jalopenos. Folks, it just doesn't get any better than that. The patties are at least 1/2 pound and there are real tomatoes and lettuce, not some paper thin imitations of same. The seasoned fries are very good. For non-Texans, and I must admit I'm new here myself, Blue Bell Ice Cream is a Texas favorite. They use it in a variety of flavors to make killer milk shakes. The place is clean and the crowd is very nice. Lunch time on weekdays can get pretty busy, but I've always found a place to sit. Excellent value.

• Visited October 2011