“Good health food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Cross street: Weslayan
Transit: We are located in the heart of the Greenway business district and anchored by the Galleria Costco and Edwards Cinema.
Description: A contemporary Mediterranean & Lebanese restaurant in Upper Kirby and Galleria area in Houston TX, offering inspired Mediterranean cuisine with a touch of Greek influence. Skewers Café menu mixes authentic Lebanese, French, and Italian from around the Mediterranean sea with a twist of modern Mediterranean business Lifestyle, creating a culinary journey for the palate and senses. Complementing the international cuisine, Skewers café offers an impressive wine, full bar cocktails, and beers list from all over the world while featuring favorites from Lebanon, France, Spain and throughout the Mediterranean. Flavor and Freshness are served. The Fresh, Delicate, and healthy ingredients starts from the freshest organic vegetables and Mediterranean spices, coupled with the freshest Halal meat organically fed with no Hormone, antibiotic or preservative. Dining at Skewers is an escape to the Mediterranean healthy lifestyle with live music and international bands along with Belly Dancers performing every weekend. The atmosphere is fun, classy casual, perfect for large families, business meetings, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, and any special occasion and Happy Hour gatherings. Lifestyle Catering Experience Skewers Houston Mediterranean Lebanese Restaurant can go to its guests. We are certified & registers caterer In the Federal Government award Management System for the freshest food & the top quality ingredients. - we offer full service catering and delivery throughout the city of Houston.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Really like the food there , fresh food and good prices food is full of flavor, and they also have belly dancing for those who enjoy watching it

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I come here several times a year and love the food. I've never had a poor service experience as some recent review suggest but I do see new faces and new staff being trained. As always I enjoyed the food and look forward to my next visit.

Chuck M, Owner at Skewers Mediterranean Cafe & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for writing this review! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the food at our restaurant.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

we really enjoy the tabouli, we asked for kabab and we ended up with grilled lamb pieces instead of ground lamb but was good, the gyro was excellent. we loved how the owner came to our table and asked if we are satisfied and we are ok with every thing.

Chuck M, Owner at Skewers Mediterranean Cafe & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for writing this review! We appreciate the customer feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Took my family (wife and 2 kids) on 1/25/2014 Sat. afternoon. No body was available at the entrance, but soon a gentleman came by and escorted us to a table. Table appeared to be clean but seats had to be wiped off from previous customer. Ordered a sheesh Koofta Kaboob plate for my wife and and a Gyro plate for myself. Although the place was not busy, our order took more than 20 mins. to arrive at the table. The gyro plate did taste good and the portion was decent. The koofta kaboob plate which had (2) skeweres with rice and grilled vegees actually looked great. But upon eating a couple of bites, my wife told me she thinks the meat is under-cooked, so she gave me a bite to taste and sure enough it felt raw!! I went ahead and cut the skewer open and it was all raw red from the inside. After complaining to the waiter, he said, I will bring you another plate. after about 10 mins., the guy brings the same plate back but with (1) skewer only. After inquiring about the other skewer, he went ahead and brought us a new skewer that was completely raw from the inside. Waiter complained that we already ate (1) skewer and that was the reason he brought (1) skewer only. We were very upset and and I requested to speak to the manager, and at that time we knew that this waiter was actually the manager (Zack), I told him, then, I need to talk to the owner. After talking to the owner, she apologized for the incident and credited back the cost of the plate. Although I appreciate the manager good and great gesture, but I have to be honest and say the following: "save your money and go to Cafe Mezza instead."

1  Thank samjabo
Chuck M, Owner at Skewers Mediterranean Cafe & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

We would like to apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at Skewer’s. We can assure you that this type of situation is not typical for us, and will be addressed with our staff. Please give us another try in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Gyro meat was dry, overcooked and tasteless. Service slow, inattentive and non-responsive. Don't seem to care if they alienate customers. Classified Shiner Bock as an import for the happy hour price even though it was listed with the domestics on the beverage menu. Regular price was $3.25, but wanted $3.00 for the happy hour price. The regular price for the imports was $4.50, resulting in a 25 cent discount for happy hour if one ordered the Shiner. It would not have been ordered if I knew it was going to be priced with the imports.

1  Thank MaymeG2013