“Romantic evening” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sorrento Ristorante Italiano

Sorrento Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Sorrento Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 8,115 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Cross street: Whitney & Taft
“Romantic evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

to attend the quilt shows and see Matt Schaub play for the Texans. We miss Matt since the Falcons traded him to the Texans. Dinner at Sorrento's We felt it was 1 of the best Italian Can't wait to retur return

Austin, Texas
“Lovely Evening at Sorrento”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner at Sorrento. Our group had the private wine room. The service was excellent-- very attentive but not too much. The food was great. Very authentic Italian food and bread and wine. I really liked this place and would definitely go back. The specials were very interesting and fresh. Lovely place to spend an evening.

Houston, Texas
“Everything was excellent. Try not to eat too much bread.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went with a group of six. We had a lovely table and each of us seemed to have a different plan for dinner. Some had several appetizers and no main course, my wife and I split an appetizer of escargot and had our mains. Every one was pleased with what they had. My venison chops were superb. Cooked just as I liked, very very rare. My wife enjoyed the fish.

I don't think any of us had "typical" Italian food as generally available in Houston. No pasta, no red sauce. This was the real thing, as if we were in a high class restaurant in Italy. Have your spaghetti and meatballs someplace else, they are not even on the menu (unless maybe they have a kids menu)

We had all just attended a wine tasting elsewhere so we were not that interested in wine, but the bottle we split was excellent. The wine list was extensive and a complete cocktail list was available from the well stock spirits at the bar.

The bread just keeps appearing in a huge basket. A large variety. You need to be very careful not to each too much! My mom always said you will ruin your appetite.

• Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
“Sorrento Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I highly recommend Sorrento Italian Restaurant as one of the top in Houston. The food is excellent with a great atmosphere-table cloths, roomy, clean, quiet, and very relaxing. The slightly dim lighting provides a comfortable experience.
The staff are courteous and the service top notch.
An excellent choice for lunch or dinner

• Visited October 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Apove and Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I made a reservation here to take a client and I had to change my reservation several times but each time it was quick, easy and they were friendly. The wait staff was amazing! They treated us like royalty. Since I made a reservation they saved a special room for us (without me asking). It was a beautiful personal room. The chef also made two new starter dishes for us to try. The food was to die for! It was amazing. Everyone at the table enjoyed what they had even though we all got very different things. I would highly recommend going to Sorrento's especially if you are taking someone you want to impress. I plan on going back every time I visit Houston. Amazing!

• Visited September 2012