“Very good food.”
Review of Spindletop

Spindletop
Reserve with OpenTable
Spindletop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #325 of 9,031 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Polk
Description: Experience fine dining on a grand scale at one of Houston’s only rotating restaurants.
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

I have been to many luxurious and expensive restaurants but none of them compares to this one. The quality and taste of the food is out of this world. The staff are amazing. Thank you so much for having the flowers I asked for on my table.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed April 9, 2018

Wow! What a fantastic experience!

My wife and I took her parents to Houston to celebrate their anniversary and my Mother-In-Law's Birthday. We called ahead to see if there was anything Spindletop could do to help make this a memorable night.

Adrian did a fantastic job adding some surprises to the evening! I know this is something my Mother-in-law will remember forever. She even cried when she saw the personalized message on the menu and also when she received a birthday card signed by all the staff that were working that night (those weren't the only surprises). Those extra personal touches are what really makes the night memorable and builds customer loyalty.

Also, the food was great and our server Mario was fantastic.

Thanks Adrian and all the Spindletop crew for making this a special night for my hard-working in laws! They deserve it!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

I had the chowder...it was delicious, however I think I’ll stick to my simple white clam chowder. The crab cake was good, though there is enough that 3 people could share and be satisfied.
The blackened snapper was done perfectly and though it had beets (which I do not like) I still inhaled it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

The view and the experience is what you are going to fall in love with. If you get motion sickness be sure to look at the horizon. You can see the aquarium’s Ferris wheel and all the other downtown buildings. Fine dining experience with better than your average hotel food. The menu is brief and to the point with enough variety to please any picky eater. The portion sizes were perfect.
Normally you would expect small sized entrees packed with rich flavors, but think the opposite in this assumption. Classic flavors with normal American portions. We had the steak with mashed potatoes and seasonal veggies and to start the short rib empanadas (only 2 per order) with a spicy dipping sauce that was very good. You should save room for dessert the seasonal pumpkin creme brûlée was excellent! Be sure to sit near the window and facing the direction of the spindle is moving to beat the motion sickness.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 25, 2017

We were there for sunset on a recent stay at the Marriot. Had never experienced a revolving restaurant so did not want to miss it. Food was good-not spectacular and it's a bit pricey but the overall experience is definitely worth it. I probably wouldn't go back there unless I was taking someone that wanted the experience. Service was great.

Date of visit: October 2017