“Great View, Great Food”
Review of Spindletop

Spindletop
Reserve with OpenTable
Spindletop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #325 of 9,031 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Polk
Description: Experience fine dining on a grand scale at one of Houston’s only rotating restaurants.
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went here for the extended restaurant month last weekend. First of all the view is pretty cool, and the rotation is just fast enough- about 45min to go all the way around.
The food was amazing, even in the limited menu we used - I had never tried gazpacho (SO glad I did!), and my sweet corn ravioli was incredible, plus they served so much I had to take half home! My husband enjoyed the fennel salad and ribs.
Definitely recommend going around sunset so you can see the view in the daylight and at night.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Location & resturant: it is in the main part of Houston. Atmosphere is great for special occasions. Went there for birthday. The restaurant spindle which is very cool.
Service: For the high-end price charge place. The service was poor. Flet like our waitress didn't want to be there and don't care.
Food: definitely overpriced.
Overall: nice place for a drink but not for food or service. I don't think I would go back again.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

We are staying in the Hyatt Regency hotel and had a choice of this or the restaurant on the ground floor selling rather nice streaks. We choose this one. And we had a fantastic experience thanks to the lovely Sabrina who was our waitress for the evening. The food is top quality, mainly fish although there is a few non fish selections. The view? The best of downtown Houston's skyline. Revolving around and around. A full circle in 45 mins.

Would recommend the Spindletop Seafood Pot as your entree. Filet steak was done well as well. Cocktails are very special as well.

Pricey but great for a special occasion or a treat for someone or you.

And if you get Sabrina then your very lucky as well.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Have lived in Houston over 20 years and didn't know this restaurant exists! Made reservations for 8:15 to see sunset and skyline. Gorgeous rainbow greeted us after a quick summer shower. Had notated during online reservation process that we were celebrating our anniversary. Our table was covered with red rose petals upon arrival. Food was very good and the service was over-the-top. Will absolutely return to celebrate again.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank HunBabe
Reviewed July 6, 2017

We popped in for drinks at the end of a busy day, and it made our night! This is a beautiful restaurant and the staff was fantastic. We only had drinks and appetizers. They were above average, and the view made it even better.
The dining room rotates very slowly so you can experience the entire downtown view in about an hour.
I highly recommend this if you are visiting Houston, and especially if you are staying at the Hyatt.

Date of visit: June 2017