“Great occasion”
Review of Spindletop

Spindletop
Reserve with OpenTable
Spindletop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #337 of 8,667 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Polk
Description: Experience fine dining on a grand scale at one of Houston’s only rotating restaurants.
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

We are staying in the Hyatt Regency hotel and had a choice of this or the restaurant on the ground floor selling rather nice streaks. We choose this one. And we had a fantastic experience thanks to the lovely Sabrina who was our waitress for the evening. The food is top quality, mainly fish although there is a few non fish selections. The view? The best of downtown Houston's skyline. Revolving around and around. A full circle in 45 mins.

Would recommend the Spindletop Seafood Pot as your entree. Filet steak was done well as well. Cocktails are very special as well.

Pricey but great for a special occasion or a treat for someone or you.

And if you get Sabrina then your very lucky as well.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Have lived in Houston over 20 years and didn't know this restaurant exists! Made reservations for 8:15 to see sunset and skyline. Gorgeous rainbow greeted us after a quick summer shower. Had notated during online reservation process that we were celebrating our anniversary. Our table was covered with red rose petals upon arrival. Food was very good and the service was over-the-top. Will absolutely return to celebrate again.

1  Thank HunBabe
Reviewed July 6, 2017

We popped in for drinks at the end of a busy day, and it made our night! This is a beautiful restaurant and the staff was fantastic. We only had drinks and appetizers. They were above average, and the view made it even better.
The dining room rotates very slowly so you can experience the entire downtown view in about an hour.
I highly recommend this if you are visiting Houston, and especially if you are staying at the Hyatt.

Reviewed June 29, 2017

I just love a revolving restaurant, and can never resist going to one. So I was so delighted when I went to my convention at the hotel to discover they have a revolving restaurant on top!

Driver on the way here said that when built in the 1970s, the Spindletop was THE place to go. Since then, much larger high-rises have built around it, obscuring much of the wonderful view. Still, the view is definitely worth going for, especially if you can catch the sunset and night view. Call for reservations! They book early. Oddly, they said they were booked full the night we went, but for the whole time we ate, there were empty tables all around us.

Food was okay. Even with my 20% discount for attending the conference at the hotel, it was overpriced for dinner. Dinner (steak) was very good, for the price I expected fabulous. Some at our table just had an appetizer for dinner, which was large enough for a meal. They all said appetizers were excellent. I think if I were to do again, I would just go for appetizers and maybe have an extra cocktail.

Service was impeccable! Cocktails were very good and priced as you would expect.

Definitely worth going to!

Oh, odd thing: we were originally going to be a table for eight people. They said they would have to add an automatic 20% gratuity (that's fine) and they could not do individual checks. HOWEVER, if we were to sit at two adjoining tables of 4 each, they could do the individual checks. Huh? That makes no sense at all. If you can do individual checks for eight people, it shouldn't matter whether we are at two tables or one. Sounds like their computer system is in desperate need of updating.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

I came here I believe on Valentine's day one year and it was so romantic it's kind of confusing on how to actually get up to the restaurant from the hotel lobby. The food was ok could have been better was very expensive and I was still hungry when I left they give you small portions but it was elegant . The restaurant also spins around but not too much to where you're dizzy. Just came for a special occasion will not be coming back. But their cucumber alcohol drink was awesome around $10-15!