“So delicious, it's fantastic!”
Review of Thai Bistro

Thai Bistro
Ranked #1,133 of 8,311 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful food! The Tom yum soup was so flavorful. I would've just been happy just having the soup. But then our main course was even more delightful!!! Would come here everyday if I could. So worth the trip here.

1  Thank KatV5
There are newer reviews for Thai Bistro

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We have been going here for the last eight years, eating in or taking out about once a month. Everything there is good, from the fresh rolls to the curries. My favorites are the Basil Inferno, the Chicken with Peanut Sauce, the Spicy Green Beans, the Blazing Noodles with beef, and the Panang Curry. The seafood options are very good as well. I have tried three or four other Thai places in Houston and have yet to come across any that compare.

1  Thank KLWHouston
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Simple but very good Thai food. I mainly go to the I-59 location although have also been at the Westheimer location. The Green Curry is excellent and they always agree to make me a shrimp version which is not on the menu. Be careful about anything hotter than medium or you may get a fright. Worth a visit. Nice staff although not very talkative.

1  Thank Doug G
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was my first time to Thai Bistro. The service was excellent - very attentive and quick. The food on the other hand was about average. There are a lot of very good Thai places in the Houston area. Thai Bistro was good but nothing outstanding. The flavor in the red curry was very good but it was pretty skimpy on ingredients - especially the chicken.

I would probably try out some other Thai restaurants before coming back.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I must say I was a bit turned off by the odor of this restaurant. When we walked in there was a distinct odor I could not distinguish whether it was detergent or insecticide. Believe me I was ambivalent about eating the food or staying in there any longer than I had to. Frankly, I'm not sure why I stayed. Maybe, I was just too embarrassed to walk out after being seated. So I ordered what I thought would be a "safe" dish called "Blazing Noodles". The portion was hefty and I didn't think I could finish it and before I knew it, I had eaten the whole thing. It was really delicious. My colleague ordered a fried rice dish that she finished as well. So apart from the smell of the restaurant, the food was good and the price was right. Very inexpensive overall!!