“good food”

Dining options: Reservations
Houston, Texas
“good food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

we always order their tom yum goon, with medium spicy. their pineapple fried rice are good too. service can sometimes be slow on weekends.

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston
“Get there early for lunch!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a really nice Thai restaurant just west of the Galleria on Richmond. It gets very busy at lunch time. You need to arrive by 11:15 if you don't want to have to wait long for a table. My group of 3 arrived at 11:30 on a Thursday and we waited about 20 minutes for a table. Once you are seated the service is quick and efficient.

One thing I thought was unusual was that the lunch special menu items did not use traditional Thai names. They were just regular English descriptions of the dish. This may be good if you aren't used to going to Thai restaurants, but on the other hand if you're looking for a particular dish that you have had elsewhere, you may not find it. Ultimately, I was not sure if I was ordering a traditional Thai dish, or some Americanized version.

I finally settled on Garlic Seafood. And I requested that steamed noodles be substituted, instead of the rice that the dish came with. Each dish can be ordered with four levels of spiciness - mild, medium, hot, and Thai hot. I like my Asian food spicy, but I was warned that even the medium can be extremely hot. As I explained my conundrum to the waitress, she suggested that they could do in between mild and medium. This turned out perfect for my tastes. The dish was spicy and flavorful, and quite different from anything I have had before in a Thai restaurant. The portion was quite large and I had enough leftovers for a small meal the next day.

So in spite of a few idiosyncrasies, I definitely recommend that you give Thai Gourmet a try!

• Visited September 2013
“Mmmmmmmm”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Large crowds know this place. Efficient in and out great Thai restaurant. Careful on specifying hot vs medium hot as they take it literal. Been there 3 times and each experience great/excellent.

• Visited August 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Good food and nice selection for vegtarians too”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Been here a couple of times and the food is always top. I think this is the only place were you can get real "thai hot" dish, too. But be warned the food is then really, really spicy!

If you go for lunch there is not much waiting time.

• Visited July 2013
Bangalore
“A great place for dinner”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The food was excellent. Do not remember much about the ambience. It was good but not the greatest. Service was quick and we were able to get what we wanted. There were vegetarian choices as well. Be careful about spice levels. Medium was quite spicy and you would be well advised not to choose high spice unless you can handle it

Visited July 2013