“Great authentic Thai food”

Thai Gourmet Restaurant
Ranked #112 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Great authentic Thai food. The crispy duck is excellent. Pad Thai is good too but the spice level is quite variable - a medium spicy on one day can be really mild & on another day, is can be super hot. But service by a waitress today was terrible. When we requested that we wanted another table not to close to the door, and there are plenty of tables available, she gave us a very cold shoulder & did not want to entertain us any further.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have been to Thai Gourmet several times with friends from Thailand. They claim that it is the best Thai food in Houston and, having traveled extensively throughout Asia myself, I believe it! In addition to great Thai dishes, we were recently treated to a demonstration of Thai dancing, which was really fabulous.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed September 4, 2012

came to thai gourmet with a thai friend who swore its the best authentic thai in houston. I was not disappointed! its a bit out there, next to a creepy looking gym and across the street from a strip club, but it was hard to find a table on a saturday night! the food was amazing, fresh, spicy and not oily at all. great service, very very affordable and never felt rushed (had a large group of ppl)!
i'll be going back often!

1  Thank sahmed76
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I absolutely LOVE Thai Gourmet! I have been to quite a few Thai restaurants in Houston and this is easily my favorite. My favorites are the Pad Thai and Yellow Curry. Just beware that the medium is pretty spicy, so don't order it lightly. Also this place can get crowded around dinner so be ready to wait a little bit for a table. Cannot say enough good things about this place.

1  Thank Lisa O
Reviewed May 29, 2012

It's easy to overlook this place because it's tucked into a shopping center. However, the inside was packed and the food was really good. We had pad thai noodles (medium), thai fried rice (with beef and added cashews), and garlic chicken. All the dishes were good together but I highly recommend the garlic chicken.