“I miss that grouchy lady”
Review of Thelma's Bar B Que - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue, American
Dining options: Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown
Pearland
“I miss that grouchy lady”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Dont go up to the counter while talking on your cell phone, this lady is old school and rude, she wont serve you. But I dont go there for the fuzzy feeling I dont get inside. I go there for the superb BBQ and yes, it sounds weird, some crunchy catfish. When her BBQ is gone, its gone for the day. She used to be on Live Oak downtown and now moved since the fire. I dont go as often but every now and then, when I have the hankering for some good brisket, ribs or fish, that is my go to place. I dont care for the sides but since when do sides make for a good plate of BBQ?

• Visited June 2012

dallas, texas
“BBQ pretty decent nothing to RAVE about”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

BBQ ribs were not as tender as I would like them to be, the brisket was flavorful and the sauce had a nice kick to it as well. The catfish was fried hot and others in group said it was delicious. Thelma's doesn't serve any diet sodas and the tea is already sweetened, unsweetened tea not available. Asked about a recommendation, "person said I am not you so I don't know what you like" I said true, but you should be able to recommend what most people order or what your cook/servers believe to be the best item. If you are going for customer service go ELSEWHERE, I almost departed but unfortunately I was not driving. Overall experience, less than stellar, food is OK I have tasted better BBQ at my best friend's cookouts. :>)

Visited July 2012
“Hooked on the catfish!!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Awesome catfish! Huge portions! What more need be said? My friends had BBQ and ordered it from the "fatty end". It was delicious and also came with enough meat for 4 sandwiches!! They were right, Thelma's got attitude but that's just another reason why I'm going back! One guy ordered ketchup and when she brought it told him "next time bring your wife or girlfriend, I ain't your damn maid!" if you haven't gone, go!! Sure, it's a bad neighborhood, but the food is bad to the bone!! If Madea had a restaurant it'd be Thelma's!!!!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Wheintze
San Antonio, Texas
“NOT THE BEST”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I went to Thelma's after reading in Texas Monthly about this place. The service was fair, not very friendly. The brisket was dry, The ribs were ok, but not great. The bake potato hugh with alot of fixins but I didn't try it. The chickern was also pretty dry. They do serve you alot but that might be the best part about it. For me: been there done that, but I wont go back.

• Visited October 2011
Ashburn, VA
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Thelma the owner was really nice to us. We ordered a rib and chopped beef sandwich. The beef was tender and the ribs were meaty and huge. The sauce is on the sweet side, but still a great addition to any meal. Highly recommend.