“I would not go back”

Dining options: Breakfast
Houston, Texas, United States
“I would not go back”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I walked into the bakery and there was a large display of nice looking pastries to chose from. I purchased a variety of pastries for an open house. Unfortunately, I quickly discovered why the bakery was so "stocked". The pastries I purchased were old and stale. They keep pastries around until they sell is my assumption. In addition, their prices are high. I would of not of minded their high prices if their pastries were fresh and tasty. But, I ended up throwing them away.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank yicelg

McAllen, Texas, United States
“Great place”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I stopped by on my way through Houston and was glad I did. My grandfather brought cookies, bagels etc since the 70's. When I walked through the door it was like being a kid again. I even had some bagels sent to my mom via fed ex. Great staff and even called to verify my order was received.

Denver, Colorado
“Best bakery in Houston”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The best fresh baked breads, rolls, bagels and definitely sweets. Happy they opened a store by Memorial City. They're becoming a regular Friday lunchtime stop to load up for the week.

Visited November 2013
Houston, TX
“Best cupcakes in Houston”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Every time I go to Three Brothers I tell myself I am going to try something else but I always end up with cupcakes! I cannot say if the cakes or breads or pastries are good YET. But the cupcakes are hands down the best in Houston! One of the things I like about this bakery is there is always product in the cases. I hate going to a bakery late in the afternoon and having nothing to choose from, Three Brothers does not disappoint. Their cupcake cake is as yummy as the icing which is a hard combo to find because it is usually one or the other but not both. I cannot even say which flavor is the best, love them all. Each cupcake is as beautiful as it is delicious. Staff is always friendly and patient as I take my time to make my selection. That is another big issue I have with bakeries, when there is a large selection and you want to look at everything and the staff gets huffy, not so at Three Brothers.

• Visited May 2013
Houston
“Did not follow instructions, tasteless cake”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

When we were shopping for our wedding cake, we did not care for the tastes and the smells of this place, so we went with Julie's Cakes and were very happy with our choice. When I needed a rush cake order recently, unfortunately Julie's Cakes was closed on Monday and I decided to give Three Brothers Bakery another chance. I should not have. I gave explicit instructions on the decorations - I wanted a half white half chocolate, all white frosting with Happy Birthday and small emblem on top. I was so disappointed when I opened the box. They added really horrible swirls and designs, which I did not request. To top it off, the cake, the filling, the frosting tasted just terrible. A waste of $70. I will never go back to this place again.

• Visited May 2013