“Wow, the fajita steak melted in my mouth!”

Tony's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #768 of 8,288 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Texas
“Wow, the fajita steak melted in my mouth!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I got a salad for lunch and it was awesome. I am not a salad guy, but this was awesome. It had fajita meat on top of a layer of vegetables with a queso sauce as the dressing. So good.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Mexican food”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place is in the middle of a neighborhood and has the most amazing Mexican food. Order the enchilada, but save room because the chips they bring out before you get your food are addictive and so good!

Visited September 2012
“Good food for cost with average atmosphere and service.”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Very good food for a good cost. Service was a team effort type system which was a little off, but not so bad to run me away. Would definitely go back if in the area again.

Texas
“Tasty but pricey Mexican food”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This was my first time eating at Tony's, my husband was a regular there when he worked in the area, but it was a few years ago. He told me that he remembered them as good food and cheap. Well the food was pretty good, but the price was a bit higher than I’m used to for Mexican food. My husband said that the price had gone up a lot since the last time he was there. I

It was a little packed and loud for my taste. I could hear the mother at the next table nagging one of her many children. At another time my husband and I were in deep conversation and someone started talking so loud and it sounded rough, several people looked in the direction of the loud voice, and it was a very questionable man who was saying "whats up" to the large table of other loud people. I think they should sit the loud families and big groups in the back of the restaurant, and couples or people not there to yell at each other closer to the entrance.

The food was pretty tasty, I ordered their carnitas of the house (pork) and they made them pretty good. Loved their tortilla chips and mild hot sauce, they serve it real warm reminds you of home made hot sauce. Only bummer was them not having horchata or real lemonade.

The wait staff is extra friendly and very attentive. They were constantly refilling my iced tea and asking if everything was ok.

• Visited June 2012
Houston, Texas
“Food is the saving grace”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Although a good hot plate of cheese enchiladas, rice & beans sounds simple enough, it is amazing how few Mexican restaurants can deliver good simple food anymore. I am happy to report that Tony's provides an excellent helping of Tex-Mex.
The religion of the owners is pushed on people, but regulars will become used to the bible verses coverning the walls and menus.
One big negative is the restaurant's practice of inconvenient, unnecessary valet parking - the kind that takes away the closest parking spaces for the convenience of the valet parkers, not the patrons.

• Visited February 2012