“Nice remodel!!”

Carrabba's - The Original on Kirby
Ranked #65 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Description: On December 26, 1986, The Original Carrabba's opened its doors. Today, Johnny Carrabba and his family are proud that the two original locations on Kirby Drive and Voss Road remain family owned and operated neighborhood restaurants. What makes us unique are the quality ingredients that go into each dish along with our lively and warm dining experiences. At The Original Carrabba's, we have an open kitchen and we take enormous pride in our food. Our pizza dough is made fresh every day and our pizzas are cooked in a wood-burning oven. We fillet our own fish daily, make fresh homemade pasta, and we even hand stuff our own signature Cappelletti. Even our fresh milk mozzarella is hand made. Our steaks, chops and seafood are all cooked over a wood-burning grill. Johnny's father, Mr. C. still mixes his own secret spices and makes his own Italian sausage for our restaurants. The Original Carrabba's on Kirby Drive and Voss Road is where people come together to eat, celebrate, share stories, share meals and share many laughs and memories. We look forward to you and your family joining us at our table.
Houston, Texas
“Nice remodel!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Quiet backroom. Fills like a cozy huge house.
Same great folks.
Same great food!
Dependable quality!!!
Especially like the wall bench seating.

Houston, Texas, United States
“Great Food!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I love Italian food and one place that does it very well is Carrabas! This places offers great quality and a nice venue with its perfect location located in the West University area off of Kirby! Every time I've been here I've always had a great time, from a typical lunch outing to get away from the office or just stopping by for happy hour after work, this place always provides nice atmosphere. I like every dish I've eaten here so with that, I give it 4 stars... I would've have given it 5 however, Sorrento's is my favorite Italian restaurant in Houston therefore they get the only 5!

• Visited March 2012
bkk
“Nice!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

i'd been there because i feel like steak that day :( sounds silly,isn't it?? anyway it wasn't disappointed me at all. My rib eyes was so tasty and juicy wth perfect temperature. But more than that is our starter, Baked mussels with white wine.. MG! i can die for it's a shame to say i even did asked for spoon to eat all mussel jus. if u love lemon butter taste u gonna fall in love! since it was my first time there i believe the restaurant just be renovated. we were in the section by the left so i love it. Bench chair around, decorated with wine bottle looks cozy clam and classy. our waitress was very helpful and charming.

• Visited January 2013
Houston
“It's good...not amazing.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I like Carabba's just fine, but I feel like it's right on par with a lot of the usual italian eatery choices, and is not worth the difference in price. I am fine with shelling out more cash for better cuisine, but in my opinion I can get italian food of this quality for less. Please don't misunderstand though, the food is very good. I simply have the opinion that other italian chains offer the same quality for a lower price. Good food & atmosphere though.

Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
“Our special occasion choice”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We eat here for many of our family birthdays. It is always good. The service is excellent and the food is wonderful. You can't go wrong with this choice.

Visited January 2013