Carrabba's - The Original on Kirby
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Description: On December 26, 1986, The Original Carrabba's opened its doors. Today, Johnny Carrabba and his family are proud that the two original locations on Kirby Drive and Voss Road remain family owned and operated neighborhood restaurants. What makes us unique are the quality ingredients that go into each dish along with our lively and warm dining experiences. At The Original Carrabba's, we have an open kitchen and we take enormous pride in our food. Our pizza dough is made fresh every day and our pizzas are cooked in a wood-burning oven. We fillet our own fish daily, make fresh homemade pasta, and we even hand stuff our own signature Cappelletti. Even our fresh milk mozzarella is hand made. Our steaks, chops and seafood are all cooked over a wood-burning grill. Johnny's father, Mr. C. still mixes his own secret spices and makes his own Italian sausage for our restaurants. The Original Carrabba's on Kirby Drive and Voss Road is where people come together to eat, celebrate, share stories, share meals and share many laughs and memories. We look forward to you and your family joining us at our table.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We eat here for many of our family birthdays. It is always good. The service is excellent and the food is wonderful. You can't go wrong with this choice.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stop here periodically when I'm up in the Woodlands. I have yet to have a bad meal. I've enjoyed just about everything I've tried. My only, recent disappointment was when I figured out I could purchase an entire bottle of my favorite Pinot Grigio for just about what they are selling it for by the glass. This is probably my only reason for withholding the 5th start.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is the one on Kirby. This does not feel taste or look like a chain. Quality all the way from the food, service and decor. Probably my favorite place in Houston Texas.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Food is fresh, taste great. I love the Bellini, the frozen version of a Mimosa. Every item on the menu is good, you cannot go wrong at Carrabba's. Can be crowded with a wait unless you go early for dinner.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The pasta was excellent, but at the price offered, I'm not eating it at this place next time!!!! The place was clean, the environment very freindly and the service was excellent.

2  Thank whitecake2000