“Unusual”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Mexican
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Good, not often found Central/South American food. Somewhat spartan setting.

Reviewed January 20, 2011

The exterior won't get your attention. But the food sure will. Don't expect a puddle of refried beans and generic cheese goop on enchiladas. No, sir. Cafe Red Onion obviously cares about taste. You should go.

Reviewed January 24, 2010

Fusion South American food is on our top five list and we are Houston natives. Noise is very high when crowded. Not visible from street. Just a block north of Southwest (59) Freeway on west side of Kirby. Try one of the pork dishes!

Reviewed December 2, 2009

My daughter & I ate here twice in 2 days while visiting Houston! She isn't a big fan of Mexican food (her words) but she loved the chicken flautas here-- ate them both times. I had the Chicken Brazil & the Pupusas Revueltas. The pupusas were really good, but the Chicken Brazil was fantastic! I have never eaten anything like it! We think about driving to Houston from the New Orleans area just for this food sometimes. Our waitresses were really friendly, attentive & informative both times. And the chips & salsas! OMG! I wish they could mail them to me! I eat one chip with the spicy salsa, then one chip with the pineapple, & I'm in heaven. SO GOOD!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 21, 2009

Delicious central american food, great to take the parents to.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook