“Great cajun fare”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Sedona, Arizona
“Great cajun fare”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had just enjoyed the Children's Museum and wanted to try Cajun food. This restaurant was suggested by co-workers of our daughter-in-law. The staff was extremely friendly and had helpful suggestions. The food was great, plentiful and just the right amount of spice. We had lunch here and it is cafeteria style but do not let that put you off. The seating area is very comfy and you do not feel like you are in a cafeteria. My son and I had the seafood gumbo and got jalapeno cornbread. My husband had the fried chicken smothered in gravy. He remarked that the chicken was very juicy. Our four year old grandson enjoy pieces of the fried chicken with watermelon! The portions are large so at lunch you can go for small sizes with a side.

• Visited August 2014

“Great Cajun food at great prices, quick and friendly service”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We read some great reviews about this restaurant which was walking distance from the aquarium. Tasty , hot and affordable Cajun food served with patience and a smile. The gumbo and etoufee were seasoned perfectly. Huge shrimp and large slices of sausage. Also help yourself to soft, fresh bread and butter. Wish we had room for the huge slice of Italian Cream cake for only $3.95. We will go back soon!

Tomball, Texas
“Lunch on Monday and Thursday”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I love this place. My only complaint is that I can never decide what to get. There are so many things on the menu that I like. The chili, the shrimp creole and the chicken fried chicken are all "must try's". The Market Square location is perfect for our group lunches because it has plenty of seating, and we do not have to worry about head count.

My six year old always wants to go work with me so that he can get a fruit salad and chili for lunch at Treebeards.

• Visited May 2014
London
“Tasty soul food in a canteen”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Treebeards is an odd establishment, it's like going to the staff or school canteen, you queue up and get served food with a ladle by dinner ladies then go sit on long tables with other folk. I can't say I loved that arrangement but it was quirky at least.

I had the jambalaya which was average on terms of taste but hearty and wholesome. My fiancé had the gumbo and that was really nice, just as hearty as the jambalaya but with a lot more flavour.

Odd set-up, nice food and worth a visit for lunch.

Visited March 2014
Rapid City, South Dakota
“good comfort food”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

A comfortable place that is easy to eat by myself. You go thru a cafeteria line and can pick out what you want. Bread is available in the dining area. I ate out on the balcony and was entertained by everyday activity in the park across the street.

Visited January 2014