“Good tasting New Orleans food in Houston”

Boudreaux's Cajun Kitchen
Ranked #778 of 8,502 Restaurants in Houston
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving Cajun Comfort Cuisine in a Casual Dining Atmosphere. Features a full bar with daily happy hour. Delivery and full service catering is also available.
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This place is an excellent example taste of cajun food. So far I've had the fried green tomatoes,jambalaya, etouffe, salads (salads good for two) Crawfish Tails. Everything is delicious. There's nothing wrong I can say about any of their food. This is our treat once a month. I would like to do eat here every week but men I don't like to gain weight. The ordering is a little bit different. Its not a sit down dinner. You order up front and go sit in the dining area with a number you put on your table. And once your food is ready, a server brings it out to you.

I will say this: if you plan on ordering the bread pudding dessert, make sure you have other people there to help you eat it. Its Humungous. You have to take the rest of the dessert home. Unless you are planning to gain 10-20 lbs that day then go ahead.I almost made that mistake.I also ordered turkey thanksgiving here every thanksgiving holiday. It is delicious!!! Plus you get free stuff after so many points. You can't beat that..Enjoy!!

3  Thank Joe T

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We liked the food! Service was a little slow, but I think its because they had new hires. All in all, good choice!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

In Hiuston on business, and was looking for something different. Sat in the bar area where there is full service. The bartender was very freindly, knew how to make a good drink, and had great reccomendations for dinner. The gumbo was very good, not very spicey like some, but great flavor. The Shrimp Brochette was outstanding! Butterflied shrimp, stuffed with jalepeno and pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon and grilled, served with dirty rice. A cajun dream. Next time I am in Houston, this place is on my list.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I love it here. We go often. From the boudin to the jambalaya, all good. I usually get the shrimp tacos with red beans and rice. It's awesome!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Had lunch at Boudreaux's - admittedly, the food was amazing! I had a dish with three items, fried eggplant with crawfish on top; fried green tomatoes with shrimp on top; and fried grits (which is really good) with shrimp on top -- all with great sauces! It was really a great plate to share too. I'm a presentation freak, so I did like the way it was plated - however, walking into a restaurant, ordering at the counter and tipping before service, then sitting down, getting your own water/drink in a plastic cup -- no, that's not for me. I also asked what wines they had while standing at the counter only to be shown about six bottles sitting on top of the ice machine--not a very appealing site and the labels were the cheapest variety. That kind of soured the dream of eating a meal with a nice glass of wine. Here's my experience, then you decide -- you need to try for yourself. I paid a generous tip up front and all the person did was walk my plate to my table once the order was ready. Later a great young man appeared at my table who offered to get water and other things for me. He was personable, and an asset to the restaurant but NOT included in that tip you paid at the counter before you ate. Seems you leave another tip on the table for the wait person who is also the bus person -- that is if you know to do that since you already tipped. All in all, I'm not complaining because most of us will endure for good food -- just passing on an experience. The manager came by to see if everything was good, the people were great, the food fantastic, it was just the atmosphere, and serve yourself experience that wasn't appealing for me. Would I go back, yes; to get the food and take it home.