“Can't run a cash register”

Boudreaux's Cajun Kitchen
Ranked #691 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television
Description: Serving Cajun Comfort Cuisine in a Casual Dining Atmosphere. Features a full bar with daily happy hour. Delivery and full service catering is also available.
La Porte, Texas
“Can't run a cash register”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Tried to visit the Houston Fuqua location at the request of my son. Screwed up orders and inability to operate a credit card swipe machine had me and family leaving for another restaurant.

I have visited other Boudreaux's before, but never had credit card concerns before. We will have to wait for the CC statement before understanding just how much the screw up cost.

Portland
“Food Great - Atmosphere - Order Then Sit”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Had lunch at Boudreaux's - admittedly, the food was amazing! I had a dish with three items, fried eggplant with crawfish on top; fried green tomatoes with shrimp on top; and fried grits (which is really good) with shrimp on top -- all with great sauces! It was really a great plate to share too. I'm a presentation freak, so I did like the way it was plated - however, walking into a restaurant, ordering at the counter and tipping before service, then sitting down, getting your own water/drink in a plastic cup -- no, that's not for me. I also asked what wines they had while standing at the counter only to be shown about six bottles sitting on top of the ice machine--not a very appealing site and the labels were the cheapest variety. That kind of soured the dream of eating a meal with a nice glass of wine. Here's my experience, then you decide -- you need to try for yourself. I paid a generous tip up front and all the person did was walk my plate to my table once the order was ready. Later a great young man appeared at my table who offered to get water and other things for me. He was personable, and an asset to the restaurant but NOT included in that tip you paid at the counter before you ate. Seems you leave another tip on the table for the wait person who is also the bus person -- that is if you know to do that since you already tipped. All in all, I'm not complaining because most of us will endure for good food -- just passing on an experience. The manager came by to see if everything was good, the people were great, the food fantastic, it was just the atmosphere, and serve yourself experience that wasn't appealing for me. Would I go back, yes; to get the food and take it home.

• Visited September 2013
Alexandria, Louisiana
“I will definitely come back again!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Once again, I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner! I had fish and crawfish etoufee with dirty rice. My food was fresh, hot and very well prepared! Everyone at our table was well satisfied. I was going to take pictures but forgot when the plate arrived. Lol!
Hats off!
The only thing missing is table service.

• Visited August 2013
Cypress, Texas
“Good food......”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hit Boudreaux's for lunch today. Was not overly busy but only had one person taking orders so that took a few minutes. Food came out in a reasonable time. I ordered a boudain split and blackened, which i had ordered like that before. The cooks split the boudain on to two plates with rice so that was a meal in itself. Good spice with the blackening. Will get that same thing with dirty rice next time! Thinking the boudain wouldn't be enough, I tried the shrimp and grits. Was tasty. The grits are inch think triangles that have been battered and fried. They were good, don't eat every day unless you have life insurance.

All in all a good trip to Boudreaux's today, I will be back. Tough to get out of here for under $15 at lunch but ok i guess i don't come very often.

• Visited July 2013
Galveston Island, Texas
“Best Chain When in the mood...For Cajun Food”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Boudreauxs on Houston's south side is a chain. That being said, it is also great food. Cajun classics like alligator, crawfish, fried green tomatoes, jambalaya, and dirty rice are regular fare. It is affordable, fresh, spicy, tasty, and about as authentic as you can get. Price is a little high but you get a lot of food for your money. So it is worth it! Lots of parking. Fast, friendly service, and clean facilities. Worth the stop when you're in the mood...for Cajun food.

• Visited October 2012