“Decent food”

Boudreaux's Cajun Kitchen
Ranked #509 of 8,243 Restaurants in Houston
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving Cajun Comfort Cuisine in a Casual Dining Atmosphere. Features a full bar with daily happy hour. Delivery and full service catering is also available.
Houston, Texas
“Decent food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had the Pasta Jambalaya and some Boudin Balls and they both had a good taste to each. What I was taken back with is the lack of this being a restaurant. The smell coaxed me in, but I was directed through a 'cattle' line to the register and needed to place my order. This was the first time I had ever been here and many people were behind me ready to order. I stepped aside for about 5ppl, then i placed my order and was handed a number to sit down and wait. Like I said, food was good, but my experience will not bring me back in

• Visited April 2013

Magnolia, Texas
“Good Cajun style seafood”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Dropped in to Boudreaux's for a quick lunch with my spouse...ordered the boudin with rice and the fried seafood platter to share... The catfish was old school, crunchy seasoned cornmeal breading, cooked to perfection...really very good...the crawfish were tasty and nicely done, the fried shrimp were good, too. However, the stuffed shrimp (which came 10 minutes after the platter, for some reason) was undercooked and tasted kind of like a sweet corn fritter with shrimp inside. Not what I expected and frankly, not too appealing, at least to me. The boudin was good, but I thought it was rather bland. service was good, staff friendly and a convenient location!

• Visited March 2013
kansas
“Would not recommend!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I should of paid attention to my first impression and walked out after I saw that you had to order your food from the counter and then grab a seat! Very average food-nothing special. A little pricey for the casual vibe. The one positive:the counter girl was enthusiastic and very helpful-she earned 5 stars. Skip this place.

• Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“True to Form”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am a recent transplant to Texas not yet a year here and I know we spend our lives hearing that everything in Texas is bigger and better but I am here to tell you it truly is! The amount of restaurants and variety of cuisine in the Houston area alone is mind boggling. I spend hours just trying to decide where to eat. So when I say that someone is a cut above believe me they are. Boudreaux's Calun Kitchen is such a place check them out on line at www.Go-Cajun.com you'll find a place on their web page with a mission statement that says something to the effect of using the freshest ingredients available to make the most authentic dishes possible from scratch. Friends and neighbors they are not kidding! I am a professional cook and I have cooked Creole, Cajan, Gullah and others for decades and I do it well but I am not shy to say I just had a plate of craw fish etouffee that wants to make me hang up my apron it was that good. Beautiful butter flavor wonderful blend of spices just enough to warm your soul without burning your tongue, I have half a mind to go volunteer to wash dishes just to learn how they cook!

So if you find yourself in Houston, Texas and you want a warm and fuzzy plate of something to warm your soul go straight to Boudreaux' Cajun Kitchen, place an order, grab a cold beer or a big tea and relax...this is the kind of place that will make you forget the hustle and bustle and slow you down to Texas time...enjoy.

Steve Sniezak Chief Steward and cooking author

• Visited January 2013
Winfield, Illinois
“Love those Oysters!!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was in Houston this April on a business trip and I happened to see this restaurant reslly close to my hotel and i walked over here and decided to try the Fried Oysters and boy did they hit the spot!! I grew up on the East Coast but have lived in the Midwest for many years and when I get a chance for seafood especially the shellfish a la Clams, Scallops and Oydters in that order i am there!!

• Visited April 2012