“Last time for me”

Valley Ranch Grill & Barbecue
Ranked #2,693 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Kinda frustrated because I had a $7.07 sliced bbq po-boy sandwich with fries to-go today and it was at best average. Looked attractive but lacked flavor or tenderness. The onions and pickled packed to-go didn't taste fresh and crunchy, and I don't like the bread it's on or it's not fresh. I don't know. A lot of nice people here and I wish them them (Spring Cypress at 249) well, but I have taken to-go and/or dined here 5 times in 3 years and twice were great and three were a waste of my money. I won't be back.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Best BBQ we've found nearby. Beef brisket has right amount of crust, juicy beef. Ribs are fall-off-bone perfect. Sauced right. Green beans super. Nice people, good service. Great carry-out place too.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have dined at Valley Ranch several times prior to writing this review. What amazes us is the consistently good food each time. We try something new each time, and always yummy. For this quality of BBQ, the pricing is a real value. Coupled with the drink and condiment bar, great dining for the two of us, or with friends as we have done many times. It is a long way from our home to this eatery, but we make the trek to dine before going to the Niftee50tees car show down the road on Saturday nights. Enjoy!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I lived in Texas for 20+ years and ate at every BBQ in town and there is no question that Valley Ranch has the best sliced brisquet in Houston. Hands down. Not that other places aren't good, but if you want GREAT local BBQ where the owner has his personal touch on the place, this is the place to go. The BBQ sauce is so good you almost want to put it on ice and drink it! And the fries are delicious as well. It's a great place for families and kids as well. Don't pass this place up and it's worth the drive north to eat there!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had lived in the Houston area for many years and have enjoyed Valley Ranch with family, friends, clubs or just the 2 of us. The management stays consistent in their quality of food, service and friendliness. Just before entering the restaurant, there is a small room where you can wash hands. (Like that!) Inside, the Texas decorations give a welcoming, at home atmosphere. The food is always tasty & Texan. This is cafeteria style. The prices are affordable for families. (See: valleyranchbbq.com‎ for the details, menu & map.) We just returned from Houston 2 weeks ago. During our recent stay, we ate at Valley Ranch twice. I'm pickly about food being fresh. The salad is ALWAYS fresh and crisp. The Manager, as usual, dropped by the tables to be sure the guests are pleased with the food and restaurant. This is one of my favorite casual Houston restaurants.