“Another winner!”

Valley Ranch Grill & Barbecue
Ranked #2,703 of 8,396 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 10, 2012

A terrific choice for NW Houston. I sometimes get the chopped baked potato with lean chopped brisket. If you ask for lean meat they will trim the fat for you. Another winner is the pecan pie- Yumm-o! The corn on the cob and green beans are good too.

Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

We have been eating here since it first opened. They have always had quality food and service! You get value for your money here!

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Valley Ranch is a regular stop for us. We all like the food and there's enough variety for the whole family. Last trip I had their stuffed chopped potato and it was perfect. Remember to ask them to remove the foil if you don't like to deal with it (I always do). The brisket, ribs, turkey, ham and sausage are always very good and very, very consistant. The only complaint I have is that sometimes, the BBQ chicken is a bit dry... The sides are consistantly good, the beans are amazing! Spicy, sweet and a little bit smoky...really a unique flavor. Getting through the line and getting to your food is always fast, even during the lunch rush.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband and I were hungry for BBQ and the place we used to go recently closed down. Upon recommendation from our daughter we decided to try the Valley Ranch BBQ on State Highway 249 As stated in other reviews upon entering the restaurant there are places to wash your hands western-style. You go in and order your meal and pay at the register. You then go through a line(none when we were there) and receive your plate. You then go seat yourself and get your drinks. There is also an area that has all the fixin's you might need, Ie, pickles, onions, BBQ sauce, etc. I loved my BBQ brisket sandwich. It is the BEST brisket sandwich that I have had in a very long time. My husband ordered the BBQ plate which came with a choice of 2 meats and 2 side dishes. He had brisket and sausage with beans and potato salad. I did not like the beans as they were sweet but the potato salad was SCRUMPTIOUS ! I don't normally eat too many peoples potato salad and I really liked this. There was so much food on his plate that he took some home and it was enough for both of us to have a sandwich on Sunday. We both enjoyed it and encourage everyone else to try it out . There is also a little train track that goes around the restaurant and a play area for children. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was craving some BBQ and wanted to try somewhere new so, I stopped in for lunch and I am sure glad that I did. The Ribs were FANTASTIC and had me craving more, I will be back again really soon for more. The mashed potatoes were fresh and very good too, the coleslaw was pretty good. In my opinion the BBQ sauce (which is served on the side) was too strong and took away from the taste of the meat. Because my eyes were bigger than my stomach and I wanted more than just ribs I ordered a 1/2 lb of beef too. The beef was pretty good but, I enjoyed the ribs the most. Do yourself a favor and stop in for some of the best ribs around.