“Great service and fresh seafood”

Bayou City Seafood & Pasta
Ranked #359 of 8,359 Restaurants in Houston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We arrived at 6 pm on a Saturday night and just beat the crowd. (They don't take reservations.) We were seated right away. Our server Lee was great. He was friendly, helpful and patient answering our questions about the menu. We watched the kitchen staff running food out of the kitchen -- they were doing a very efficient job at getting food out quickly. Our gumbo and salad came out right away and our dinners were served 20 minutes after we ordered.
The food:
The gumbo was excellent. The "cup" is really a bowl and plenty for two people. Lots of seafood and a big serving of white rice.
The side salad that came with my dinner was also large enough to share. No white iceberg lettuce here -- green romaine, sliced tomatoes, cukes and red and yellow peppers. Very fresh.
We got the shrimp etoufee/fried crawfish dinner and the broiled snapper with pontchartrain topping. The etoufee was good, like mama makes it except with more butter! The fried crawfish could have used more seasoning in the batter -- they were bland. The snapper was cooked perfectly and the pontchartrain topping (shrimp, crab and mushrooms in a white wine cream sauce) would have been excellent if I had ordered it on the side. I couldn't even see the snapper (which was two generous filets). It looked like I had ordered a plate of sauce. The sauce was very rich with lots of seafood but the quantity overpowered the delicate snapper. Next time I'll get it on the side and scoop out the seafood to top my snapper with.
Lots of people were enjoying boiled crawfish that looked excellent and big plates of seafood pasta. And most people were leaving with styrofoam to-go boxes. You will not go hungry here.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Bayou City is hands down the best restaurant that I've eaten in so far.
This restaurant always brings your order to you hot.
The flavor, texture and seasoning of the food is just right all the time.
The drink are excellent!
The wait staff is know for making you feel at home and treats you
like there is no one else in the room more important than you.
The food and service is excellent!

Reviewed August 15, 2009

Went to Bayou City with my brother for lunch one day. The place was packed, and now I know why. We did some crawfish, gumbo and po-boys. I give the place a high ranking; the bugs were good, but the seafood gumbo was one of the best I've had. Plenty of crab, shrimp, fish, etc, in the gumbo, and the roux was outstanding! I thought that I was back in 'Nawlins.

I also had an oyster po-boy; very good as well. Large fried oysters on a crusty roll with lettuce and tomato.

I'm taking my love there tomorrow, and she'll be a happy camper!

Reviewed July 14, 2009

Best seafood for the value. Great Service and food. On Tuesdays they have special on all Shrimp dinners - $4 off. The Blacken Stuffed Shrimp is very good. Best Onion Rings.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Houston, TX
Reviewed March 26, 2009

Crawfish are reliable, not the spiciest in town -- but still good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook