“Nice place to eat”

Willie G's Seafood & Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Willie G's Seafood & Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 8,357 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: San Felipe
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great food. Super value. Excellent service. Great ambiance.

I had the Snapper Hemingway. Delicious. Couldn't eat it all.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife and I dropped into Willie G's on Friday afternoon to escape traffic. We found a new "favorite." The drinks were fantastic and the menu was what we had been seeking. We loved the Chart House when it was in Kemah, and the items we enjoyed on that menu was found on Willie G's menu - YEA!

We will definitely return!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This restaurant used to be great (before it was bought by a chain), but on our last visit, we were sorely disappointed, both by the service and by the food.

Seafood is primarily your fried seafood style, although there are broiled Gulf fish available. Gumbo, a Gulf staple, was tasteless. Baked potato wasn't warm enough to melt cheese in it, and our server didn't spend enough time at our table to find out if we had any problems.

For some unknown reason, people pack into this place, even though, in our opinion, the food is nothing special. It's definitely a "hot spot", but I think much of that crowd is at the bar, rather than in the restaurant.

2  Thank Gene T
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Food was great, service was superb. Mike S. the manager was great.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family took me to Willie G's for my birthday dinner. I had never been to Willie G's and was excited to go after reviewing their website. My boyfriend had been before a few years ago and said it was really good. My experience wasn't that great. The atmosphere was ok. It was VERY loud in the restaurant and we couldn't even hear each other across the table. They brought our appetizer and I noticed it wasn't hot. When our dinner came it also was luke warm at best. The meal was just ok and not great. For three of us, our tab was $140 and that's with only 1 glass of wine and 1 appetizer. I would not go back to Willie G's. I've always been a Pappas Bros. Steakhouse fan and next time I will return to Pappas Bros for a great steak and ambiance.