“Delicious Indian food”

Ashiana Indian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ashiana Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,434 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I used to work very close to Ashiana and I came here a lot for their lunch buffet. It may seem pricey at first ($16 i believe) but Indian food isn't "cheap" to begin with so its very fair for everything they offer in their buffet. They have vegetarian entrees as well as meat entrees. This is a great work lunch spot because its so easy for everyone to get what they like without waiting. By far, its the best Indian place I have found in Houston.

You can start at their salad bar, or get a cup of their lentil soup (very good with naan). If you aren't familir with Indian dishes, just ask the staff for what is mild and what is spicy. More often than not, the food will have a kick. Their chicken tikka masala is my favourite dish. Make sure you save room for their mango mousse. Even if you don't like mangos, you should still try it, its delicious.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Every time I am in Houston I go to this restaurant. The food is excellent. The service and the atmosphere are just what you would want when visiting with friends. Particularly excellent vegetarian and I definitely recommend the eggplant. I have been there many times and have always left very happy.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I'm British and have been eating at Indian restaurants for 25 years now. I was invited to some high dollar Indian restaurants in town which were high on bells and whistles but extremely bland on food. A British friend recommended the Ashiana and we first went there 2 years ago. Since then we have taken all our friends and neighbors who simply love the place. The quality of the food is outstanding and the service has been terrific. If you go there ask for Salil and he will take care of you. It's not the most modern, chic, or elegant of restaurants but neither is it rundown or shabby. It's an honest restaurant serving delicious Indian food with very friendly service. After 24 years in the States it's the best Indian food we've experienced here and we drive from Cypress (25 miles) to go there - it's worth every mile.

1  Thank britboy333
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the service. Some reviews commented about the price of the alcohol but the overall food and alcohol cost was reasonable. The food was excellent with European sized portions everyone at the table commented positively about the quality. Will certainly be going again.

1  Thank Mustang1955
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Food on a par with other Indian restaurants in Houston. Nothing between the likes of this and Shiva for example - food wise.
However, Drinks are another story - A bottle of beer, wait for it $9, yes 9 dollars for a beer, I asked for a French Coffee (Brandy coffee) nothing to unusual you would think, I got an Irish coffee and because they had no cream they gave me a small Bayles to float on the top !!!!!!!!!!!!.
How much do you think that might cost ????? a staggering $18 for a small cup of coffee. Upon leaving I challenged what I thought was the restaurant manager and asked about the rediculas prices for the drinks he told me the Cognac in my Irish Coffee (should be Whisky) was an expensive brand, when asked why he did not inform me of this earlier he just smiled. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, YOU DO NOT EARN YOUR MONEY THIS QUICK TO HAVE IT ROBBED FROM YOU WITHOUT ANY NOTICE, PLEAsE DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE PROFIT FROM YOU LIKE THIS.