“Like a time warp to the 50's What a great place to eat & shop”

Yale Street Grill & Gifts
Ranked #2,741 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, Ca
Reviewed August 18, 2004

I was in Houston in early August and got lucky when a local directed me to the Yale Street Grill in the Houston Heights. This place was like stepping back in time! It has an old fashion soda fountain that has been there since the early 50's. The place is not a new place made to look old. My wife ate a late breakfast which she loved and I enjoyed the old fashioned cheesburger with onion rings, washed down with a delicious chocolate milk shake. They have the oldies music in the background which lends to the good feeling atmosphere. We were happy to learn that they even have a small smoking section in the rear where many old timers from the neighborhood seemed to be enjoying idle chit chat, coffee and a few smokes along with the great food. That's where we sat. They have an all you can eat breakfast buffet on the weekend for $7.50 along with the cooked orders. When we were finished my wife went shopping on the other side of the booths at Discount Diva and spent about $120 on some neat wierd stuff. Hard to figure out how she did this because everything seems to be priced around .99 cents, but she did walk out a huge bag of goodies and gifts for the family. Go to this place and spend a while. The Heights part of Houston seems like a throwback to early times in America.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member