“An Explosion of Flavor!”
Review of Amy's Ice Creams

Amy's Ice Creams
Ranked #25 of 155 Dessert in Houston
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Houston, TX
“An Explosion of Flavor!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We've been coming to Amy's for years, and what makes this traditional ice cream parlor unique is the constantly changing cornucopia of flavors. Today we tried Shiner Beer ice cream, which was surprisingly good. More than 15 constantly changing flavors are available and at least 30 add-ins.

Houston, Texas, United States
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Icecream is amazing. I would recommend anyone visit this place. Love to watch them make the icecream.

Houston, Texas
“Great place for ice cream”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stumbled on this shop after enjoying pizza at Star Pizza just around the corner. I wish I had left more room for the ice cream! Not a huge list of flavors but somer very unusual flavors are offered and they have all the mix ins if you like to jazz up your ice cream. We had a hot fudge sundae and the sauce was awesome as was the ice cream. You can sit inside or outside and the parking is free and plentiful. It was so good, we made a return trip a few weeks later. The Mexican Vanilla is great.

• Visited June 2012
Houston, Texas
“Rich ice cream not low fat”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

very good fresh ice cream. Definitely not low fat but worth the calories if you want to splurge

Visited October 2011
Houston, Texas
“Creamiest Ice Cream Ever!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Funky and fun vibe, not to mention the creamiest ice cream I've ever had. I first discovered Amy's when I was in college at UT Austin over 20 years ago.....it greatly contributed to my "freshman fifteen" pounds. I am thrilled they have had a Houston location for many years. The Mexican Vanilla ice cream is to die for.......super creamy, rich and authentic vanilla taste and is my fav. Unfortunately,it's so good,I have to limit myself to a visit just a few times a year. Plus they always have some new creative flavors to try. Love to take my niece and nephews when they are in town to visit and they are big fans as well and always want to go. If I make it to heaven, I'm sure they will be serving Amy's ice cream!

Visited June 2012